Sarina (Chapter 34)

I eventually turned around after staring at the door for longer than I should, expecting Josh to explain what was going on. Tyler just stood there not saying anything, something was bothering him.

"Tyler...are you—"

"Sorry to trouble you like this, Josh can be a bit much."

"Oh...yeah..."

"I was up working so, I should get some sleep."

"Of course, please have my bed."

"No Sarina, the couch is fine."

I knew it wasn't the time to protest. I went to the room to get a pillow and blanket for him and then I left him alone.

It was hard going back to sleep. I was worried about Tyler, he seemed really off. I don't know how to put it. If he wants to tell me he will, he just needs space.

~

A sudden noise woke me up after finally dozing off for about half an hour. I heard talking.

Cosen, are they here?

Tyler said it would be safe at headquarters for now so that doesn't sound right for them to be here now. I got out of bed and cautiously headed out into the living room. I saw Tyler sitting up, talking to...nobody.

"Tyler?"

I approach him to see he was shaking a lot and sweating. He was breathing hard. His eyes were still closed which means he's still dreaming. I reached out, gently taking his shoulders to wake him up.

"Tyler, hey...wake up."

His shirt was soaking wet.

"Tyler, you're just dreaming...wake up."

His eyes finally shot open, looking straight at me. He looked confused.

"What...where...", he said between breaths.

"You're with me. Just calm down, take deep breaths."

He closed his eyes again and leaned back on the couch.

"Damn it", he cursed.

He took some time to calm down from the nightmare while I thought of what to do for him. I'm no expert but maybe a shower could help, something to relax him, at least for now.

I took his hand, they were wet too. He's in really bad shape.

I led him to the room I've been sleeping in, there's a bathroom attached to it. I sat him down on the bed while I started to water to get it warm. After it reached a good temperature I went back to him.