Sarina (Chapter 49)

It was the middle of the day, a snowy day to be exact. It's the end of November after all. I didn't have anything to do but look at the letter that was sent to me. It was sent to me yesterday, a birthday invite from Masen. He's turning 15. I can't believe time has passed by so fast. His life changed for the better. He went from a street kid in a gang to a straight-A student. I'm very proud of him as we all are. Yesterday I looked up the place where the party was going to be held, it was at some fancy hotel an hour away from here. That meant Tyler was the one paying for all of this of course.

I sighed.

I honestly don't want to go because of him but I'm going anyway for Masen and only Masen.

It feels like forever since I saw Tyler and spoke to him. He obviously hasn't gone back on what he said and I won't go back on my word either. We don't get involved with each other's lives anymore and that's for the best. Things will be especially awkward after what I heard happen between him and Grace. She told me she ran away to New York to see Andy. She found him but she knew it was a super dangerous move and that's why she didn't call me right away when it all happened. She came back safe and sound the night after she left. I understood her rage for Tyler at that moment and at the same time, I could understand Tyler's indifference toward Andy. I'm not sure if they will clear the air anytime soon, I think it's best if they let it go for a bit.

Grace was invited to the party too but won't be attending, I understand why. She did send him a gift. I hope Masen won't be sad about her not showing up. I know Josh will come up with some excuse.

Speaking of Josh, he should be here any minute to pick me up.

I got up from bed and threw on my jacket before grabbing Masen's present. I decided to go outside to wait even though it's freezing and still snowing. I didn't have to wait long, Josh pulled up into my driveway a few minutes later.

I got into his car, it was nice and warm.

"Your car is super toasty, I don't want to leave", I said.

"Heated seats are worth the investment."

"Really, they heat up, wow! My parents aren't into all that modern stuff, they like simple things."

"Well, enjoy yourself because this is going to be a long ride. Mind staying up there for a few days too, it looks like we are going to get a really bad storm the day after."

"Really, I didn't hear about that. Aw man, if I would have known, I would have brought clothes and stuff."

"Don't worry, you're covered."

"O-Oh...well thank you."

Josh backed out of the driveway and was off. He took glances at his phone's GPS to make sure he was going the right way.

"Is everyone else already there", I asked.

"I'm not sure yet. They are at least making their way over."