Chapter 2

DANTE IN THE M.M.

______________________

Hi mommy! My daughter smiled as I came through the front door of my home. She ran to me and hugged me tight.

Hi baby! How was school?

It was good! I got an A on my spelling test!

You did! See told you, you'll do great! Did you do your homework?

Yeah! Ms Marry helped me!

Good, go wash up and get ready for dinner! I smiled. And she ran off. My daughter was 8 years old and me entire world. I had her when I was 16. I valued to give my child everything I never had, and a way better life than I did growing up. Harmony was the sweetest, kind hearted little girl there was. I made it my mission to raise her right.

Hey Ms. Marry! I spoke kicking my shoes off and walking into my kitchen.

Hey hun! She smiled getting up. I gave her a slight hug. Ms Marry lived down the street from me and was my nanny. I paid her to watch Harmony for 2-3 hrs a day while I was still at work. She gets her off the bus, help her with her homework and takes her to dance practice.

How was she today?

Perfect as usual. Your mail is on the counter. I took your chicken out, put her laundry in as well as folded it.

Thank you I really appreciate it.

No problem dear, I'll see you tomorrow!

Okay, see you tomorrow! I walked her to the door and watched her get in her car before closing the door. I went upstairs to my room and put my gun away in my lock box. I took my hair out the ponytail and got out of my clothes. I put some sweats on and t-shirt and went downstairs to start dinner. I was gonna make some chicken and rice. Something simple for the evening.

Harmony turn your tv down! I yelled up the back steps. That girl will be on the tv, tablet, and her phone all at once and on YouTube and roblox on every single one of them with the volume all the way up. These damn kids will have hearing problems.

I started cooking and drinking some wine. Stella Rose was gonna get me right every time.

I grabbed my ringing phone from the counter and answered. It was my BestFriend Chante. "Hello!" I laughed answering the FaceTime call.

Hey baby girl what you doing?

Nun cooking dinner, what you doing?

Same. I called you earlier. I wanted to know who that fine ass nigga was walking up out yo office! She laughed. Chante worked as a county clerk and in dispatch at the parole center. She loved a hood ass nigga.

A parolee!

That man was fine as hell what was his name?

Uhh Carter Mitchell I believe.

His street name not O2 is it?

Yeah it is that's him!

Girl you know you got one of the biggest kingpins?!

Okay and? He gone get treated like every other felon that comes in and out my office.

Yeah okay, that man is smooth! But anyways is you coming out next weekend? I need somebody else to come with me. If I say Nayla I might just punch the bitch in her face.

Dude for what? I thought the beef was over!

Fuckin with me we gone have beef forevaaaa!

Okay a cardi b! What she do this time?