Chapter 21

A knock at the side door made me jump. I cleared my face and went to the door. It was I'lan!

Hi baby girl! I said trying to force a smile on my face.

Hi Ms Asia! She smiled so beautifully. "Are you okay?"

I'm fine baby, umm Harms upstairs in her room. Go up these stairs and her room will be right there.

Okay thank you, Harmony sister!!!! She yelled happily running up the stairs.
My eyes was so red and puffy from crying. I been having panic attacks, anxiety attacks and crying so hard since yesterday. I felt like my life was completely ruined. I did this to myself!

What's taking the girls so long? Carter asked coming in the house annoyed.

I'lan went to go get Harm! I said without turning to face him.

Asia?

What?

What's wrong with you, I can hear it in yo voice.

Nothing...

It is turn around! He grabbed me and grabbed my face to look up at him. "Why are you crying?"

I'm not...

Lie to me again! Why are you crying?

I have to quit my job....I'm going to jail! I blurted out in tears.

What? Stop no you not! What's going on?

This! This is what's going on. I grabbed the folder out my bag and slammed it on the table all of our pictures went everywhere. He was just as shocked as I was. "Erin....Erin came into my office yesterday after you left and dropped these on me. Said I need to break up with you, and date him or he's going to the board and telling them everything how I'm having sex and in a relationship with one of my parolees."

What?!

Said if I wanna keep my job I'll date him and leave you!

Oh naw, hell naw! Hell to the fuck naw! Know what look at me! Don't trip about nun this shit! Ima take care of all of it. You go to work Monday like nothing never happened. You tell him you'll go on a date with him. I'm going to take it from there.

I don't want to! What if I go on a date with him and he still goes to the board. What if he already has.

If he had already you be in jail. Just do exactly what I say okay. Im going to fix all of this! Come here!

Carter....

Carter nothing! Im not going to let anything happen to you. Do you understand me? He said looking
Me in my eyes and wiping my tears.

Yes!

Good! He grabbed my face and kissed me.
"Im going to take the girls to the movies and when I get back we'll talk about this Ight! Burn these!"

Okay!

Girls come on! He yelled and they finally came down
Laughing. "Let's go princesses!" "I'll be back Ight!"