Chapter 60

Okay, love you too! Harmony laughed sitting at the table on her phone laughing.

Harm who are you talking to? I asked as I came into the kitchen.

Carter! She smiled. "Okay bye talk to you tomorrow!" She said before hanging up.

He called you? I asked grabbing a wine glass.

Yeah he calls me everyday to see how school was and make sure I did my homework.

Oh...

When is he coming home? I miss him!

Ummm I don't know, he's pretty busy!

Did you guys break up?

Why you ask that?

Cause he hadn't been here it's been a long time. And it ain't that much busyness in the world!

Uhhh we didn't break up we are just take a lil break.

Why? Is it cause you lost the baby?

Uhh kinda, I was being very mean to him and it was an accident so we just need a lil time apart that's all.

Mom?

Yea baby?

Who's going to protect us from all the bad things now?

There will be no more bad things happening to us! And I'm not going to let anything happen to you again! Now take your things upstairs and I'll start on dinner. I forced a smile on my face and so did she. She gathered her things and took them upstairs with her I poured myself a glass of wine and sat at my kitchen table.

I had so much on my mind I felt like I was drowning in my thoughts. I just wanted to be happy again! I was going through so much. I was emotionally numb at this point. I couldn't cry no more cause didn't have any tears left in me.

I sipped my wine slowly as my pasta cooked. Maybe if I got myself drunk enough I'd actually be able to sleep tonight.

I made Harmony's plate and grabbed her a juice from the fridge so she could eat. I thought I was hungry but I couldn't eat. I put everything up and cleaned up while she ate. I made sure she had all her stuff ready for school tomorrow and I got my work things ready.

I stood in my shower and I bursted into tears as the hot water hit me. I never felt like this in my entire life. I thought Dante put me threw some shit but this...all of this I been going through was way worst than anything. I've lost so much and I felt like nothing was getting better for me.