Chapter 25

Carter? I called out coming into my house. He was sitting at the kitchen table helping the girls with their homework.

What's up bae? He asked getting up.

Where is my car?

Uhhh I don't know!

What do you mean you don't know! I had stuff in there!

Everything is out.

What?

Whatever you left in there I got it out .

Okay but my car where is it?

Come here! He said pulling me up the stairs.

Hi mommy! Harmony smiled.

Hi babies, I'll be right back! I smiled at them and following Carter into the livingroom. "Where is my car?"

It was bugged.

What?

That's how he knew where we was all the time. He hired a private investigator and learned everything about us. Your car was bugged and wired. He heard every conversation you had and knew every location you went to.

What?

Yeah that's why I bought you a new car.

I really don't know what to say. He kissed me!

Excuse you he did what?

Yeah I was leaving work early, my BestFriend Chante caught me at the elevator and she told me he's going around telling everybody that we are engaged. I was telling her what was going on and when we got off the elevator he was right there. He threatened me in front of her and told me he wants me to ride with him tomorrow to drop his mom off.
And kissed me!

I know he's dropping his mom off tomorrow and he's off work which is good.

How's it good?

You'll see....you okay though?

No all this is making me sick to my stomach...

You probably just nervous...

Or pregnant...

What? He asked looking at me with wide eyes and shocked. "You pregnant?"

I don't get sick and I been throwing up since this morning....

We'll take a test!

Im gonna wait to see if my period comes or not!

When is it supposed to come?

In a few days....but im just stressed out so it might not even come on time!

Look we just gone worry about one thing at a time Ight?! He pulled me into him and hugged and kissed me. I couldn't be pregnant at a worse time than this! This will add so much fuel to the fire.

It's gone be okay! He said as he kissed my forehead. "I promise!"

____________________
I woke up at 5am because my stomach was turning. I was twisting and turning all night having nightmares. "Why you up?" Carter asked coming into the room. He sat his gun on the dresser and came over to me. I sat up in the bed and wiped my tears. "Come here!" He sang pulling me up and to my feet. "Why are you crying?"

Can't sleep, I'm having nightmares.....I just.....

How many times do I have to tell you, you are going to be fine okay! Nothing is going to happen to you.

I hear you but I just...it's just that...

Just nothing Asia. Listen to me you are perfectly fine. When all this blows over I'm going to take you somewhere special okay. Get your mind off of everything. Okay?

Okay!

Come on get back in bed and lay down. He moved the covers back and I crawled back into the bed. He got in next to me and pulled me to him. He kissed my cheek than my neck as my tears quietly left my eyes. "I love you Asia!" He said quietly between kisses.

For the rest of the night I laid there in his arms. I felt like nothing else mattered and I was okay! I felt protected. I know he means everything that he says and not going to let anything happen to me or my job but I couldn't help but to be so nervous. I never been through anything like this in my life! I was scared out my mind.