Chapter 37

ASIA P.O.V.

If you could work your marriage out would you? TY asked me as he handed me my plate. The waitress mixed our food up.

What makes you ask that?

Just want your opinion on it...

Ummm honestly TY I don't know. Don't get me wrong I fell completely in love with my husband. I loved him unconditionally. Not only did he hurt me but he crushed my daughter and that's something I can't stand for or take lightly.....

Can I ask what happened?

It's a long story.

Aye you on yo lunch break we got time. I'm all ears.

Everything in a nut shell.....umm his line of work cost someone to threaten our family. They broke into my house and me and the kids lives was at steak to the point that I got beat so bad. He was kidnapped and when he escaped instead of him coming home letting us know he was safe and stuff turns out he went to go cheat with the woman that helped him escape....matter fact member your job dinner we went to and your bosses date he had on his arm.

Uhh yeah...

She was actually who he's been cheating on me with.

What? Damn! Thought she only went with niggas who had money!

What you mean?

Shit I seen her ass around my boss isn't the first billionaire she been with she fucked with a few of the bosses in the company. She tried to talk to me once but she ain't my type. Word around she gets around sleeps with anything that'll be her sugar daddy.

That's crazy! Guess that's why she slept with him....

Considering his line of work and the circumstances your family was in I'm guessing he's a drug dealer with money not be in your family or husbands business or anything but that's more than likely why she did. You don't see yourself working through the cheating even if y'all went through marriage therapy?

TY I really only been in like two relationships my entire life. The first was with the guy name Dante I was 16 I was with him for a long time. He's Harmony father. He didn't do anything but cheat on me, degrade me, and made me feel like I wasn't shit. My daughter loved that man and all she ever wanted was for him to be a father. He didn't wanna be a father unless I was with him or having sex with him. All he ever did was disrespect me. He even tried to rape me and kill the girls. When I met Carter he wasn't anything or anyone that I would ever date. He applied pressure day in and day out. He was this perfect man. He treated Harmony like a princess and showed her she was one. All my daughter ever wanted was a father in her life and he took on that role. Me and Carter dated but it all went so fast but we both knew what we wanted and we got married. I felt like he was my super man but in reality he's been doing more damage than anything. I was so blinded by the lust confusing it with love that I hadn't realized until now. I begged him before everything went down that if he ever felt like he was gonna cheat that he break up with me first cause I couldn't handle another heartbreak and he looked me in my eyes and promised me than turned around and did exactly what he said he wasn't gonna do. I feel like I'm back where I started with Dante.

Damn Asia I'm sorry! A man word is all he have and if he say he wouldn't cheat he shouldn't of. My heart goes out to you. I only asked because I haven't met anybody in a similar situation like myself. Getting cheated on and going through a divorce. I like you, I like you a lot and I'm enjoying the friendship that we are creating and it's healing for me as I can tell it is for you. I'm not saying that I wanna pursue anything with you. Don't get me wrong I would love to be in a intimate relationship with you one day but I know that's something neither one of us are ready for. And I would never wanna push you into something when I know it could be a possibility of you going back to your husband and I wouldn't wanna disrespect him and y'all are still married. I myself am not ready either. I been conversing with my kids mom almost daily and she keeps reminiscing on times we had and stuff and I'd be a lie if I said I didn't miss it as well.

You wanna get back with her?

Not necessarily.....I missed the times we've had and being around the kids a lot. I ain't never been away this long and I miss my family, actually being a family and shit. We talked about going to couples therapy the last two days and I been considering it. I was thinking if we tried it maybe we could get back together.

Wow that's amazing! That's actually pretty big of you to think about and do. Cheating isn't something we take lightly and for you to consider that is huge.

Thank you. I wanna encourage you to do the same....

I don't know, maybe I need a lil bit more space from him a bit longer.

The longer you wait the worse it could get. Take it from me.

But that's the thing I don't know if I wanna take him back or give it more tries. He swear he'd never cheat and he doesn't cheat at all and the one thing he kept his word on he didn't. Plus my daughter! I don't think I could put her through that again.

If she loved him like you say she did and he treated her like nothing less than what she deserved to be than she'll come around again. But I wanna see you happy. Not just when we are around each other but in general Asia your the most amazing woman I've ever met and he's lucky to have you.

Thank you TY.