Chapter 32

I picked up my ringing phone from the counter and it was my job calling. I'm on leave for the next few weeks!

Hello! I answered flipping my bacon!

Hey Officer Ray how are you?

I'm doing ok...and you?

Good! Listen. I have some detectives here and they wanted to speak with you and was wondering if you could come in and speak with them?

In regards to?

Uhhh it's about Thompson you'll just need to come in!

Okay....I can be there in a few! Is everything okay?

I'll see you when you get here!

Okay... I hung up the phone and my heart started beating so fast. I dialed Carter's number so fast I was shaking.

What's up baby?! He answered.

The police wanna talk to me! I said damn near in tears.

For what? The music in his background turned all the way down.

My job just called me and asked could I come in. There is two detectives there and they wanna speak to me about Erin.

Well you ain't got shit to worry about. If anything he picked you up. Y'all was gone for about 30 minutes. You rode with him to drop his mama off at the airport and he brought you back home. If it comes down to it show them this video! Im bouta send it to you.

Okay!

You nervous?

Carter I'm freaking out!

Stick to the exact story don't say nun else that's it that all. You understand me?

Yes!

Call me soon as you leave.

Okay I will! I hung up and the video popped up. I clicked it than saved it to my phone. It was the video of me walking to the car when he first got here I kissed him and everything. Rewatching that made me sick! Than the video showed me getting out the car and walking to the house. The video was altered and fixed that it showed me in day light getting out his car. The times was changed so it added up to what he told me to say. I sighed and grabbed a glass of water. I was getting sick thinking about all this.

I walked into work and people was looking at me. I felt like everyone in their mamas was staring at me. I walked to the back to my supervisors office and the two detectives and an officer was in there with him.

Come on officer Ray! He said before closing the door. I came in and he told me I could have a seat which I did. "Ray this is detective Knowles and detective Brax, they just have a few questions.!" My supervisor said and the detectives sat down and shook my hand.

What's going on? I asked concerned

We believe that Mr. Thompson is missing and from his phone records your the last person he contacted when is the last time you seen him.? The one detective asked.

Missing? What do you mean missing?last time I seen him was Tuesday.... He came to my house and picked me and I met his mom. He wanted me to ride to the airport with him to drop her off!

Than what happened?

Nothing.,..he dropped me off back at home.

How long where you two gone?

Mmm about 30 minutes give or take....

Can you confirm that?

Uhh yeah actually I have a ring doorbell so it catches everything. I pulled my phone out and went to the video showing them.

Was he acting weird in anyway?

No he seemed normal he was sad a lil bit that his mom was leaving but overall pretty normal.

You two are dating correct?

No we aren't! We have a close work relationship and he has a huge crush on me and tells everyone we are in engaged! We tried to date once but it didn't go well!

What happened?

His jealousy! But now that I think about it he would have called me by now he usually calls until I answer I haven't heard from him in days that's unusual.

Well if he does can you give us a call. We are very concerned with his disappearance! The detective said grabbing a card from his pocket and giving it to me.

I will! And will you guys keep me updated? He is my partner and I'd like to make sure he's okay!

I will keep you updated Ray! My supervisor said.

Okay thank you!

Thank you for meeting with us! The detective said extending his hand. I shook both their hands and got up. I smiled and left the room. Once I got out the elevator I let out the biggest sigh of relief. I got to my truck and threw right up. My stomach was flipped upside down. My anxiety was kicking in. I hurried up and got in and drove off. I called Carter soon as I was far from that place.