Chapter 48

Janasia in the M.M.

I put my last dish away after washing them. I took a deep breath and sipped my glass of wine. I was so damn tired. As I walked to my living room the door bell rang startling me. It was 8pm at night and I wasn't expecting anyone. I haven't talked to Carter in weeks but he has his key and he just walks in.

I opened my front door and a beautiful girl stood in front of me. I was confused and concerned.

Hi...iii..hi Asia! She said speaking softly. "I'm sorry!" She said low with tears in her eyes.
I was too stunned to speak.

I'm sorry for dropping in so late, I'll leave! She said as she wiped her tears.

Nooo, umm please come in! I opened my door wide and she stepped into my home. "Hi!"

Don't cry!

I've waited many years to hear your voice again Janasia!

And I've waited many years to see your face again.
I wrapped my arms around my sister tightly and hugged her as we both cried. "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry I left you alone all these years. Im clean now Asia I swear to God I'm clean now! I swear!"

I believe you!

Mommy! When's daddy coming back, I really miss him and I can't sleep! Harmony pouted coming down the stairs half sleep.

You have a daughter?

Yes....come here baby! I smiled through my tears.

Yes?

I'd like you to meet someone.

Who? She yawned sleepy. I pulled my daughter into a hug picking her up.

Harm this is your aunt Janasia. Janasia this is your niece Harmony!

Oh my god your so beautiful!

Thank you, are you and mommy twins?

No darling I'm older! Nasia laughed through her tears hugging Harmony.

I'm so sorry to interrupt but I have to go to the bathroom so bad Janasia can we...

Oh sorry, umm Tiffany this is my sister Asia. Asia this is my roommate Tiffany....we should uhh...

You can use my bathroom come in! I directed her opening the door all the way.

Oh thank you so much! I'll be quick I'm sorry!

No don't be! It's right past the kitchen on the left.

Thank you! She ran down the hall and into the kitchen. I closed the house door and my baby started crying.

Is that a baby? My sister asked crying harder.

My son! I smiled so hard. I went into the livingroom and picked him up from his chair. "This is CJ" I smiled.

Oh my god Asia! I'm at a lost for words! I can't believe I missed out on so much of your life. Your a mom! Like your really a mom! She cried harder.

Thank you so much for letting me use your bathroom. Tiffany said walking back up the hallway.

No problem.

Awww who's this little guy he's so cute!

Thank you, my son!

He's handsome. I remember when my son was that little.

Oh yeah?

Yeah, now that he's a grown man and hate me!

I'm sure he doesn't .

Oh he does! I haven't seen him in so long he wouldn't believe I changed even if he went through my recovery process with me.

You changed Tiff that's all that matters. I'm sure your son will come around. Janasia said comforting her friend.

Thanks....I'm glad you have your sister, I can go wait back in the car.

No need stay in!

Asia???! I heard a male voice yell out. "Asia?" My back door slammed and I heard Carters voice louder and angrier.

I'm in here!

Who the fuck car in the driveway? He asked annoyed.

Daddy! Harmony screamed happily running down the hall and jumping into his arms.

Oh shit hey baby, what you still doing up?

I had a bad dream and then you came in and saved me so I woke up and it made me miss you!

Awwww told you baby, daddy will always be there to save you in life and your dreams! I love you. He kissed her cheek and smiled as she hugged his neck tight.

Heyyy, your back! I greeted him.

What is this? He asked as he stepped foot in the living room.

Umm Carter this is my sister....

I know who she is! He said cutting me off. He got so angry.

I use to buy from him, he found out who he was and saved my life. He's the reason I'm here! He took me to rehab....

What? Why didn't you tell me...

Why are you here? He asked angrily.

I wanted to see my...

NOT YOU, HER?! He yelled cutting her off.

You know her? I asked confused.

He's my son! Tiffany said getting up from the couch.

You not Shìt to me, get the fuck out!

Carter can we....

Can we what huh? You been dead to me ain't shit to say. Get the fuck out!

Wait a minute let's all relax.

Get the fuck out!

Carter I love you, and I've changed. I know you hate me. You're children are beautiful. I'd like to be in my grandkids lives.

You won't be in shit, your lucky I wasn't here when you walked through that door you'd never even laid eyes on them. Get the fuck out, and I won't repeat myself again.

Okay, Asia it was nice meeting you! Tiffany had tears in her eyes but she held it together as she walked out the door.

I'm gonna go...uhh can I see you again?

Of course Nae, umm come by tomorrow!

I will, bye Carter!

I hugged my sister bye and closed the door as she left out.

Okay we have a lot to talk about! I said folding my arms standing at the doorway.

What was she doing here?

She came in here with Nasia....if she's clean she might be too. You shouldn't been so hard!

The day I sold heroin to my mother is the day she stopped being my mother! And you don't know her, she isn't clean!