Chapter 40

I woke up to the huge diamond shinning on my hand and the girls sitting in front of me giggling as they looked at me. I covered my body and sat up and smiled.

Can I help y'all?! I laughed moving the hair out my face.

We wanna see the ring!!!! They laughed together.

Y'all knew about it all along huh? I said putting my hand out.

Yup! Harmony giggled.

It's so beautiful! Ms Asia?

Yes?

Since Harmony calls my dad daddy, can I call you mom? Cause after you and my dad get married your my step mom!

Of course you can baby, if that's what your comfortable with! And if it's okay with your mom!

She's probably gonna say no but I don't care. I'lan said laughing.

We really sisters now! Harmony laughed hugging her.

You know what else you girls are going to have in common in 6 months? I smiled.

What? They asked confused.

A baby brother!

No way! They both said and they started crying. They both jumped on me hugging me. "Your going to have a baby!" I'lan cried.

Yes!

I can't wait to meet him! I'm so happy mommy! Harmony sang wiping her face.

Oh there y'all is, y'all didn't hear me calling y'all? I guess y'all don't wanna go to Disney! Carter said coming in the room.

We dooooo! They said jumping up excited.

We'll go eat so we can get a move on it!

Wait Harm come here I need to talk to you. I called her back. She came back and sat on the bed.

Yes?

I waited for Carter to leave and close the door behind him before I spoke. "You know me having another baby isn't going to replace you right?!"

Yes I know!

And you are my first love!

Yes...I'm not worried about that. I'm excited to have more siblings I hated being by myself all the time. Plus I want us all to be a family. I finally got a dad and a mom!

You've always had a dad and a mom!

Yeah but not together! And Carter makes you really happy I love that. I know dad wasn't a good person...

Harmony he..

No ma let me finish I'm not a baby anymore I'm almost 9 and I understand a lot of stuff. I always hopped he changed his ways for me but he didn't. He had problems and I'm glad he's out of our lives for good! Carter said he would never let anybody hurt us....my dad tried to kill me and I rather Carter took his life than my dad took mine. I know what's going on and I'm fine mom I'm not mad or scared or anything! My dad deserved to die for what he did to us....to you! I really thought he was going to kill me.

Harmony I was never going to let that happen!

I know and that's why Carter was there!

You can't tell that to anybody you know that right.

Ma I know, I don't want Carter or you to ever go
To jail! I pulled my daughter in and hugged her so tight.

I love you so much Harmony!

I love you too mommy! She smiled hard hugging me. My daughter was so smart and well understanding for her age. I felt like a weight lifted off my shoulders that she understood that whole thing.