Chapter 64

CARTER P.O.V.

Your honor my client Mr.Mitchell here is well over qualified to have full custody over his daughter I'lan Mitchell.

I agree he is but Mr. Mitchell does have 4 convictions and is currently on parole right now. The lawyer for Kierra said speaking.

What does his convictions have to do with the safety of his child? My lawyer asked.

Over ruled.

Sustained, counselor answer the question!

Your honor he was convicted of murder and drugs! He's a well known drug lord so there is a huge safety regarding his child could be in danger.

Your honor there is no evidence that my client is a drug lord he is just saying stuff at this point. Mr. Mitchell pays child support to his child's mother weekly and never misses a payment. She withholds his child from him for days, weeks, and months! Regarding of the court order that they have in place. His daughter has confined in him that she does not feel safe around her mother or her boyfriend. The child goes back there and something happens to her the mother will surely blame him for everything.

The child is 9! She is in a loving home with her mother and little brother and the mom fiancé he works 10 hour shifts everyday. She said he isn't a threat never harmed her in anyway and the child is acting out of anger for not being able to see her dad. My client took her child away from him because he had her in an unsafe environment with his fiancé who recently just attacked her in Target the other day!

Your honor my client and his ex fiancé are no longer together and from what we have gathered about the incident is that his client started the fight between the women and she was defending herself which is beside the point cause my client is no longer with his fiancé. So his child isn't going to be around her.

And if they get back together? My client is very much worried about the safety of her child and with his convictions and the ex fiancé is very much enough that he shouldn't be around the child. We are asking for full custody to the mom, continuing child support payments but for both kids!

Wait both kids counselor? The judge asked.

Yes your honor he is the father to my client 7 week old baby boy.

Your honor my client was incarcerated when she was pregnant that's irrelevant to this case he is not the father to the child. And will not be paying child support for a child he isn't legally responsible for. He did not establish a paternity for the child. He did not sign a birth certificate or was there a DNA test done.

Mr. Mitchell do you believe you are the father to her 7 month old?

No your honor I am not!

Do you think it is a chance you could be?

No I don't!

Did you have unprotected sexual activity around the time she may have gotten pregnant?

No your honor I don't believe so.

So you won't have any trouble submitting to a DNA test? Correct?!

Yes I'll take one.

Schedule testing is done two weeks from now, Mr Mitchell you have to have testing done by the 14th you can go right upstairs to the paternity center and they will test you there. But going over your files you have a history or convictions and arrest. Murder, guns, drugs, assault is something I don't take lightly. I'm ordering this child to stay with her mom full custody, child support payments to continue with a 20% increase for having to take care of the child full time. That goes up to $798 a week! Visiting hours after school for 2 hours on every other Friday is granted. After the results for the baby is in I will schedule another hearing. Court is adjourned! She banged the gravel and I bit the side of my lip. If pissed of was a word to use it'll be an understatement.

I'm sorry Carter! My lawyer Dan said pissed off.

Daddy! I'lan sang getting my attention as Kierra grabbed her.

Can I say bye to my daughter at least?

She kissed her teeth and rolled her eyes. I'lan ran to me and jumped into my arms. I never wanted to break down so bad in my life. I was sick to my fuckin stomach right now.

Daddy don't cry! She said as she grabbed my face.

I'm not baby! I love you okay! And soon as I can see you again I'm coming!

You said I can stay with you?

I know...you have to go with mommy for a while! I'm gonna get you back don't worry okay!

You promised!

I know baby I know...

I'lan come on! Kierra barked. She looked me in my eyes and wrapped her arms around her neck holding me so tight.

Daddy I love you!

I love you to I'lan, I'm always gonna be with you! You know that! You know my number call me any time you want day or night daddy gonna answer! I love you kid!

I said come on! Kierra pulled her away from me and dragged her out the court room. I got up and walked out. I went upstairs to take the paternity test for her baby and left the building. I got in my car and fuckin lost it. Both my kids was taken away from me! I never felt defeated like this before. What the fuck was I doing so wrong in life that my life was so fucked up.