Chapter 72

You okay? I asked I'lan as she came and sat at the table for breakfast.

Yes, thank you! Where is my daddy?

He had to go downtown for court this morning. He'll be here when you get out of school.

Okay!

Sister! Harmony sang running down the stairs.

Hi sister! I'lan smiled back jumping up to hug Harmony.
Harm was sleeping last night when I'lan got here so they just now seeing each other.

Here's your breakfast ladies! I smiled sitting a plate in front of them each.

Thank you mommy! They both said at once. I'lan looked back at me and smiled. My heart smiled
So big I almost cried.

I'll be right back ladies. I went up the back steps and made my way to my bedroom. I went into the bathroom. I grabbed the second test from the box and took it. It showed negative. I took a deep breath and washed my hands. It was negative but my period was late. My feelings was hurt a little bit that it was negative. Maybe it just wasn't the right time right now. I grabbed my work stuff and made my way downstairs.

Is my daddy gonna be at my school today? I'lan asked.

I don't know baby, I'll see if he can pick you guys up.

He works there! Harmony laughed.

He works there? I was confused. Carter didn't tell me he was getting a job. Never even thought I'd see that actually.

Yeah, we seen him yesterday! She smiled.

Oh really, well then yeah you should see him. I smiled. "Finish up so I can get you ladies to school!"
I started to make my coffee but the blend I had was to strong it started making me sick. I couldn't take the smell of it until I was actually done and put creamer in it.

We got in the car and I went to drop my girls off! "Excuse meeeee, excuse me! Hi I'm Anna you can't park there PTO moms only!" Some lady said coming up to me.

What? I asked ignorantly. "I park here literally every day!"

Well you can't park here that's my parking spot.

Welllll like i don't really give a fuck! I mocked her.

Uhhh my husband is a police officer and he'd have this towed in no time!

My husband is crazy and shoots people over me for no reason and he'll have your husband head on a silver platter before you could even call him! Now little miss Anna is it? I would advise you to shut the fuck up get out my face and move out my daughter way. Mmmm Kay?! I smiled she huffed her breath and stormed her way back to her friends.

Bye mommy! They sang at once hugging me.

Your Mr. Mitchell wife? The principal Ms.Even asked as she walked bye.

You know my husband? I asked confused?

Yeah, he's the talk of the school! She smiled. "Nice seeing you Officer Ray!" I nodded my head and got back in the car. I made my way into work. I was running kinda late but I was able to get my self situated now I hope for a good day.