Chapter 98

A month had gone by now and my world was still flipped upside down. I didn't leave the house. My business was all over the streets according to Hendrix. Business was not going good for Carter. I've officially don't have a job and lucky for me I got to keep my license but I can't parole in my city anymore if I ever wanted to pursue my career I'd have to move to another city and state. I still haven't talked to my daughters. This was driving me crazy!

Okay get up! I heard a voice say coming into my livingroom.
I looked up and seen Chante coming into my house.

What you want? I asked fixing the pillows of my couch.

D just got jumped! She said pissed.

What? Where is she?

They pulling up outside right now! She said looking out the door. I slipped my ugh slippers on and tied my hair up as I was busting out the door. A black truck pulled up as I was coming down the stairs. The doors opened and I stopped in my tracks.

Surprise!!!!! Chante, D, and Donnie yelled.

Mommy! The most sweetest little voices sang. I dropped to my knees and embraced Harmony and I'lan. I cried so hard as I hugged them so tight.

Hi mommy! Harmony smiled hard with tears in her eyes.

Hi baby! I kissed her cheek over and over again. "I love you two so much!" "Oh my babies!" I kissed I'lan and held them so tight!

I love you and missed you so much! They both said at once.

Oh babies I missed you both so much, I love y'all more? Are y'all okay?!

Yes! If it wasn't for I'lan I'd probably lose my mind!

And if it wasn't for Harmony I'd lose mine! Mommy I never wanna leave you again! Neither one of us!

I'll do anything in my power to not let anybody take you away from me again I am so sorry we put y'all through that! Please, please, please forgive us.

Is my daddy okay?

Uhh yes baby he's okay he just had to go away for a while...

Back to jail? When he has to go away for awhile usually it means jail! Am I gonna have to go back to my moms?

No! Your staying with me baby!

I rather stay with you and Harmony! We are a family and family don't abandon each other.

That's right baby they don't and we will never abandon one another. Your daddy and I love you both! This will never happen again I promise you both I promise!

Mrs. Mitchell! Mr. Smith called out as he got out a car with smiles. "They beat you here!" He laughed.

Thank you! Thank you for everything!

It's a pleasure honestly! You have custody of both of them! Your cases are dropped.

Oh my god thank you! Oh thank you for everything! I got up and hugged him. He hugged me back.

Anytime that's why I'm here! I have work to do I just wanted to deliver the good news.

How's Carter?

He knows that they are home so he's okay!

Tell him we love him!

He knows! He smiled and walked away.