chapter 3

Yuan Lin hadn't accompanied his parents enough, and in the blink of an eye, it was time to go to the Chu Mansion.

The people of the Chu Mansion couldn't wait a moment longer. As soon as the day broke, the carriage was already waiting outside the county magistrate's residence, unloading a pile of red wooden boxes.

The Yuan Family didn't take advantage of the Chu Mansion's generosity. For everything the Chu Mansion sent, Yuan Song also organized an equal amount to send back, maintaining a dignified attitude.

After the carriage set off, Yuan Li lifted the curtain and looked at his parents, who were tearfully bidding him farewell. He suppressed the sorrow in his heart and smiled, waving to his parents.

Seeing his radiant and carefree smile, reminiscent of his worry-free childhood, Lady Chen took a few steps forward. "Li Er..."

Yuan Song held her back and, suppressing the pain of parting, and gestured towards Yuan Li.

Go on.

Go early and come back early. Your father is waiting for the day when you return home in glory.

The carriage gradually moved farther and farther away until his parents' figures were no longer visible, and only then did Yuan Li let down the curtain.

He let out a gentle sigh but quickly regained his spirits.

Ruyang was only a hundred miles away from Luoyang, and since Yuan Li had been independent from a young age in his previous life, the feeling of parting, although present, wasn't too intense.

He was still thinking about what his father had told him about the Chu Mansion.

The Chu Mansion's ancestors were once close friends who fought together with the founding emperor of the Northern Zhou dynasty. After the establishment of the Northern Zhou dynasty, the emperor granted titles to five major clans, including the Chu Mansion. Naturally, they were happy when they were initially granted the title. However, as time went on, the founding emperor of the Northern Zhou dynasty regretted his decision more and more. The five major clans became a thorn in his side, so he began to find ways to eliminate these clans.

Nowadays, only two of the major clans remain. One clan obediently left their fiefdom and chose to live in the capital under the emperor's watchful eyes—that is the Chu Mansion. The other is the Chen Wang, Chen Liu, who retains a strong military presence in his own fiefdom.

In front of them was the thorn in the eye, Chen Wang, while surprisingly Chu Wang has gained favor with the Emperor. Even now, before his eldest son, Chu Mingfeng, has reached adulthood, he has already become the Deputy Prime Minister in the court, known as the 'Young Gelao.'

Chu Wang has two sons, both talented and accomplished in both military and political affairs. The eldest son, Chu Mingfeng, is the one that Yuan Li needs to bring good fortune to. Despite his frail health since childhood, he is remarkably intelligent and highly favored by the Emperor, already holding a prominent position in the country despite his young age. As for the second son, Chu Hechao, Yuan Li didn't know much about him. Except for his renowned military achievements and a fearsome reputation, legend has it that he has a ferocious appearance, with a fierce countenance and the ability to stop a baby's crying at night."

Because the Chu Mansion has shown Yuan Li many favors, he has also shown corresponding sincerity. He specifically researched many of Chu Mingfeng's deeds and the more he learned, the more he realized that dealing with this influential figure, despite his weak health, would not be easy. After finishing his research, he sought information about Chu Mingfeng from the eunuch Yang Gonggong, who had come to escort him to Chu Mansion.

After Being Abducted by the Generalजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें