chapter 97

Zhang Liangdong and Yuan Li hadn't seen each other for a long time, and they talked about many things. As they talked, they mentioned Zhan Qibo.

Whenever Zhan Qibo was mentioned, it would lead to Zhan Shaoning, who had escaped. Zhang Liangdong's expression became complicated, and he sighed, "Shaoning fled from Luoyang, and I don't know where he went. I've been worried about him, but at that time, I didn't have the means to help him. Now that turmoil has erupted in the world again, the late Emperor has already forgotten about Zhan Qibo's family. I only hope that he is safe and alive."

Due to Zhan Shaoning's special status, Yuan Li didn't mention in his letters that he had taken in Zhan Shaoning. He was worried that the letters would be intercepted after they were sent to Luoyang. Therefore, Zhang Liangdong still didn't know that Zhan Shaoning was in Youzhou.

Upon hearing this, Yuan Li called someone over and whispered a few words.

Zhang Liangdong thought he had some instructions, but to his surprise, after a moment, he heard someone behind him say, "Le Jun? I'm here!"

That voice!

Zhang Liangdong widened his eyes in disbelief and stood up, turning around. He saw Zhan Shaoning also looking at him in astonishment.

"Lord Zhang..." Zhan Shaoning murmured.

Zhang Liangdong never expected to see Zhan Shaoning here. After the initial shock, his eyes were already moist, and he trembled as he beckoned Zhan Shaoning, "Shaoning, come here quickly. Let me have a look at you."

Zhan Shaoning glanced at Yuan Li in confusion. After Yuan Li nodded at him with a smile, Zhan Shaoning hesitantly walked up to Zhang Liangdong.

Zhang Liangdong carefully examined his face. Zhan Shaoning had matured a lot since a year ago. In the past year and a half, both Zhan Shaoning and Yuan Li had grown out of their carefree youth.

As Zhang Liangdong looked at Zhan Shaoning's face, he seemed to see the face of his good friend Zhan Qibo. His heart ached with sorrow, and choking back tears, he said, "Good, good child. I didn't expect you to come to Youzhou too. Your uncle can finally rest assured knowing that you're safe."

Zhan Shaoning's eyes became slightly moist, but he quickly regained his composure. He said calmly, "I also want to thank the Governor for taking me in. It allowed me to meet you properly here."

"Good, you are all good children," Zhang Liangdong turned around and held Yuan Li's hand, crying and laughing. "Tonight, none of you are allowed to leave! Stay here and have dinner with me, and let's talk properly!"

Zhan Shaoning agreed with a nod, but Yuan Li hesitated for a moment.

He thought of Chu Hechao but eventually nodded under Zhang Liangdong's hopeful gaze. However, he sent someone to inform Chu Hechao afterward while Zhan Shaoning and Zhang Liangdong chatted and laughed.

Yuan Li didn't get involved in their reunion and instead chatted with Xiang Hongyun on the side.

The more they talked, the more surprised they became. Yuan Li and Xiang Hongyun shared many similar ideas and thoughts, giving them a sense of having met too late.

Yuan Li was astonished.

His soul came from the future, so it was expected that his ideas would be novel. But Xiang Hongyun, a true man of the ancient era, had ideas that were too advanced and difficult for contemporary people to understand. They ranged from markets, trade, water conservancy, and encompassed everything from agriculture to handicrafts and commerce. He had a comprehensive plan.

This plan was like Shang Yang's reforms, with forward-thinking and even somewhat radical thoughts. However, Yuan Li saw many bright spots in his ideas, despite their immaturity and flaws. It was indeed a good method.