chapter 41

Yuan Li wished he could call him back, lift his robe, and show him the square-cornered trousers he was wearing underneath, proving that he did have another pair of pants on.

But in the end, he resisted the urge.

"I am not Chu Hechao. I am an adult. I am not as childish and shameless as Chu Hechao," Yuan Li convinced himself, taking a deep breath and forcing a gentle smile. "Yes, I am an adult. I shouldn't be bothered with someone like Chu Hechao, who has a twisted mind."

Repeatedly reassuring himself, Yuan Li finally calmed down and, wearing a serene smile, went back to his room to sleep.

Chu Hechao returned to his room, still thinking about the scene just now.

The servants had prepared hot water for him and left the bathroom in small groups. Chu Hechao overheard them whispering, "The General seems to be in a really good mood."

Good mood?

Chu Hechao inexplicably raised his hand to touch his lips and realized that he had been smiling without knowing it.

He was taken aback and quickly suppressed the smile, undressed, and immersed himself in the bathtub.

During this time, Chu Hechao also examined his body and was surprised to find that although Yuan Li's attack was not light, it didn't leave any wounds.

This move was quite interesting. Chu Hechao narrowed his eyes and muttered under his breath, "Clever kid, you're indeed hiding a lot."

The steam filled the air, and the exhaustion from his body seeped out bit by bit. Chu Hechao rested his forearms on the edge of the bathtub, the steam masking his stern face. His tall figure exuded a lazy aura, and if judged solely by his appearance, he resembled a tiger with beautiful stripes, relaxing and resting. Suddenly, Chu Hechao opened his eyes, sharp and focused, and looked towards the door.

Two beauties walked in through the door, cautiously approaching and bowing, "We pay our respects to the General."

Chu Hechao frowned, impatiently asking, "Who are you?"

The two beauties from the Yu family lowered their heads and spoke softly, "We are from the Yu family in Yizhou."

Chu Hechao's voice turned cold, "Who allowed you to come?"

The two beauties were somewhat afraid, their voices trembling, "It was Young Master Yuan who asked us to stay by the General's side and serve him. We heard that the General was bathing, so we thought of coming to help the General wash his back."

Yuan Li.

Chu Hechao turned his head and closed his eyes, a drop of water falling on his thick eyebrows, revealing a hint of coldness and anger.

He knew what this meant.

Because he accidentally bumped into Yuan Li in the river and made him uncomfortable, Yuan Li thought he was lacking women's company, so he sent two women to him.

What a good sister-in-law.

He even considered this.

A surge of anger rose within Chu Hechao's heart, and he didn't know where it came from.

Seeing him remain silent, the two Yu family beauties exchanged a glance and approached him softly. One of them scooped water with a ladle and poured it over Chu Hechao's shoulders, while the other held a handkerchief and began gently caressing his back.

Chu Hechao tightly closed his eyes, and the steam grew thicker, dripping down his high nose bridge and strong jawline. The faces of the two Yu family beauties became redder, their eyes more affectionate. As their hands moved from Chu Hechao's back to his chest, he could no longer tolerate it. He let out a low roar, "Get out!"