chapter 66

Time flew by, and in the blink of an eye, it was the day of Yuan Li's coronation on March 13th.

The ceremony should be presided over by his father and then conducted by a designated distinguished guest, who would crown the young man three times, representing his authority to govern, serve the country, and participate in rituals.

During the coronation, the guest would also bestow a beautiful character that complemented the young man.

The chosen guest for this occasion was the renowned scholar Cui Xuan, known as Cui Xiaocheng.

Externally, Chu Hechao explained that Cui Xuan was a scholar he invited, originally planning to have him lecture in Jizhou County. Coincidentally, he thought it fitting for Cui Xuan to crown Yuan Li and bestow a character.

Cui Xuan did not comment on this. He knew very well about Yuan Li's coronation, but he said nothing, cooperating with Chu Hechao by staying quietly in his room, rarely coming out or meeting anyone.

The news of the renowned scholar Cui Xuan personally crowning Yuan Li quickly spread throughout Jizhou County and beyond.

Many people rushed to Jizhou County, hoping to catch a glimpse of the elegant demeanor of Cui Xuan and the talented young man Yuan Li.

On that day, the weather was beautiful, with clear skies and no clouds for miles.

The venue was ready, and everything needed had been checked multiple times by Guo Lin to ensure no mistakes were made.

Yuan Li's subordinates, filled with excitement and anticipation, finally reached the moment of his coronation.

They sat on cushions, closely watching Yuan Li and Cui Xuan in the center of the venue.

Merchants who had collaborated with Yuan Li sent generous gifts, and Zhang Mi and Zhong Ji also hurried back.

The magistrate of Guangyang County, Cai Ji, did not dare to miss such a grand occasion. He sat with his deputy and various county officials, feeling a sense of envy as they witnessed Yuan Li's magnificent coronation.

Liu Jixin, Wang Er, Zhan Shaoning, and others were excited, their hearts pounding like drums.

Among Yuan Li's subordinates, everyone eagerly awaited this day. It was not an exaggeration to say that, upon learning of the patriarch's passing and his wish for Yuan Li to be crowned a year earlier, everyone except Yuan Lou and Yuan Dan was more thrilled than surprised, including Guo Lin and the others.

They were Yuan Li's subordinates, and what they valued were Yuan Li's interests and the benefits they would gain. As long as Yuan Li could rise high, they could rise high with him. The passing of the Yuan patriarch was not a cause for sadness in their eyes; rather, it was a tremendous stroke of good fortune.

They had long been anticipating the opportunity to showcase their abilities after Yuan Li's coronation.

During these days, they had been suppressing their excitement and anxiety, eagerly awaiting the arrival of this day.

Especially Liu Jixin, who originally thought he would have to wait another year for Yuan Li to embark on his official career. Upon learning that Yuan Li could be crowned earlier, this usually calm and rational strategist couldn't contain his joy. He supervised all the preparations for Yuan Li's coronation meticulously, going over the process with Guo Lin multiple times without missing a single detail.

At this moment, watching Cui Xuan help Yuan Li change into the ceremonial attire and crown, listening to the praises sung during the ritual, "The one to be crowned wears a straight robe and a ceremonial cap," Liu Jixin was overwhelmed with emotions and found himself speechless.