chapter 118

After Chu Hechao completed his mourning period, a banquet was held in his honor, celebrating his emergence from the grief of losing his parents. At the feast, Yuan Li secretly instructed his subordinates to take turns pouring wine for Chu Hechao.

Liu Jixin finished, then Guo Mao, followed by Yuan Dan... Yuan Li himself rolled up his sleeves and went up to serve Chu Hechao three cups of wine.

Over the years, he had improved his drinking capacity, but Yuan Li wasn't confident that he alone could get Chu Hechao drunk. However, he refused to believe that he, his subordinates, and the others who joined in, including Yang Zhongfa and Yuan Congyun, wouldn't be able to do so.

Yes, Yuan Li was hesitant.

Since Chu Hechao had finished his mourning period, he knew he couldn't avoid it. But inside, he felt anxious. His plan was to delay as much as possible, so he decided to get Chu Hechao drunk tonight and think of other solutions tomorrow.

It was the first time Yuan Li had played such a "hide and seek" game.

Fortunately, Chu Hechao's drinking capacity wasn't beyond imagination. After a while, he supported his forehead, showing signs of being overwhelmed by the alcohol.

Yang Zhongfa laughed heartily, "General, it seems you can't handle it."

Chu Hechao rubbed his forehead with a headache, waved his hand, and smiled bitterly, "It's been a long time since I had any alcohol, I can't drink like before."

Everyone laughed heartily, raising their cups to one another, and spared him further drinking.

Chu Hechao picked up a side dish to sober up, leaned back in his chair, and slowly chewed while looking at Yuan Li.

Yuan Li felt his gaze and looked up to see Chu Hechao's figure blending into the darkness, the candlelight swaying on his legs and arms.

He resembled a drunken tiger, lying lazily in the dark, utterly indolent.

"Yuan Li," Chu Hechao said, "come here."

Yuan Li sat close to him, walking just two steps to reach Chu Hechao's side, "What's the matter?"

Chu Hechao spoke with a drunken tone, "I'm drunk. Can you take me to rest?"

Pretending to be surprised, Yuan Li replied, "Drunk? Come, have a glass of water to sober up, and then I'll take you to sleep."

He handed Chu Hechao a glass of wine.

Chu Hechao gave a nasal response and drank it all in one gulp. He reacted slowly, "This water smells like wine?"

"Because you're drunk," Yuan Li handed him another glass of wine, "try another one, and see if there's no wine smell?"

When Yuan Li saw Chu Hechao really drink it and nod in agreement, he finally sighed in relief, knowing that Chu Hechao was truly drunk.

He bid farewell to everyone present and had Lin Tian and another servant help Chu Hechao back to his bedroom.

Lin Tian and the servant struggled to support Chu Hechao. Even with his stooped posture and bowed head, his mighty and robust physique was evident. The strength of his single arm alone was enough to press the two men down.

Yuan Li watched on the side and began to worry again.

Was he scared?

Of course, it was natural to be.

Who could endure this?

Halfway, Chu Hechao suddenly pushed Lin Tian and the other man away and staggered forward, hugging Yuan Li tightly. Caught off guard, Yuan Li was forced to take a few steps back, leaning against an old tree.