chapter 148

Rainy day, rainy day.

As long as it can rain.

Yuan Li had never been so eager for rain before.

After discussing with Jia Qing, he sat in a concealed place, anxiously and quietly waiting for the night to come.

Jia Qing didn't know what he was waiting for or thinking about. But he had made up his mind that if Yuan Li insisted on moving forward, he would even tie Yuan Li up and take him away. Even if he had to suffer imprisonment upon their return, Jia Qing was willing to do whatever it took.

As the sun gradually set, the closer it got to late at night, the more agitated Yuan Li became.

He kept looking up at the sky and began to harass the system. However, the system was too indifferent and ignored Yuan Li's frantic behavior.

In fact, Yuan Li knew that the system was not a god and couldn't determine the weather. The system only played a predictive role; only the heavens could decide the weather.

Yuan Li clenched his dry lips tightly, his brows furrowed tightly.

He understood that the right timing, location, and people were difficult to come by, but this opportunity was too rare. If they missed the chance to find the Xiongnu royal court, it would be a huge loss.

In order to facilitate the rule of the Chanyu, the concept of land and kingdom gradually emerged among the Xiongnu since their founding. Compared to other scattered tribes, the Xiongnu royal court was more stable. Moreover, Huyan Huntu had just ascended to the throne, and Yuan Li was certain that unless it was due to problems with water and grass, the Xiongnu royal court would not easily move in the next few years.

Huyan Huntu was clearly not a benevolent ruler, and the deterrence brought about by Chu Hechao's killing of Huyan Wuzhu was gradually fading away. If they didn't gain an advantage and grasp a handle on Huyan Huntu, there would be internal and external troubles in the years to come.

Now, Yuan Li had already incited conflicts between the various barbarian tribes and the Xiongnu. The grasslands would only become more chaotic in the future, and it would be even more dangerous to go deeper into the grasslands.

Yuan Li remembered the lessons from history, the tragedies and darkness brought about by the chaos of the Five Barbarians and the shame of the Jin-Song Dynastic Change. During the chaos of the Five Barbarians, these tribes nearly exterminated the people of the Central Plains. Women were violated during the day and killed as food at night, while men's heads were hung all over the city walls. Yuan Li's hostility towards the Xiongnu and the barbarians had never diminished. He understood clearly that once these tribes became powerful, it would be the people of the Central Plains who suffered.

They couldn't let any opportunity slip, and they absolutely couldn't show any mercy. Because the enemy wouldn't be kind, they had to retaliate with even more ruthless methods.

If they could know the location of the Xiongnu royal court at this moment, they could catch Huyan Huntu off guard in the future.

As long as it could rain...

Yuan Li closed his eyes and endured the impatience.

The night gradually deepened.

Jia Qing had waited for a long time and hadn't seen any indication from Yuan Li. He walked to Yuan Li's side and urged, "Lord, we should leave."

Yuan Li clenched his fists and stared at the weather forecast, saying, "Wait a little longer."

Jia Qing frowned, "What are you waiting for?"