chapter 68

But soon as those words were spoken, Chu Hechao froze.

Yuan Li was also startled by this remark, his eyes widening in disbelief. Has the joke gone too far? But when he saw the regretful expression on the man's face, Yuan Li felt a surge of energy in an instant.

Last time, he had almost lost to Chu Hechao, could he afford to lose again this time?

Yuan Li pondered for a moment, then leaned forward and brought his face close to Chu Hechao's, slowly saying, "Alright then, General, I'll trouble you with that."

Chu Hechao, who was still regretful, held his breath.

He looked at Yuan Li incredulously, wondering what this meant.

Was this... agreeing to let him use his lips and tongue to apply the balm?

The man's body tensed up, and he mustered the last of his sanity, placing the bowl of oil on the table with a deep voice, "Don't talk nonsense."

Yuan Li suppressed his laughter, pretending to look innocent as he asked, "Wasn't that what you wanted to do?"

Chu Hechao sat as stiff as a rock, motionless. Yuan Li's smile grew deeper as he teased, "General, are you going to say something?"

He sized Chu Hechao up and down with a glance, "Are you scared?"

Chu Hechao's expression changed repeatedly, and finally, his eyes stared at Yuan Li intently.

The young man's handsome face was right in front of him, brimming with a playful smile and a lively expression. Chu Hechao could even feel Yuan Li's breath, shallow and clear. When his gaze lowered, he saw Yuan Li's fair chin and lips that were dry and peeling.

The lips were slightly pale and seemed a bit rough. But inexplicably, Chu Hechao felt as if the smiling young man in front of him had transformed into a demon, enticing him towards the abyss.

Seeing the silent and patient man before him, Yuan Li felt a sense of strangeness in his heart.

Normally, Chu Hechao would have already retorted with a provocation by now.

Suddenly, Yuan Li remembered the speculation he had set aside due to being busy before.

Is Chu Hechao gay?

Now is the perfect opportunity to confirm this speculation.

Yuan Li's curiosity, which should not have arisen at this moment, suddenly surged. He launched a more powerful attack and leaned forward again, "Chu Hechao?"

His lips opened and closed.

Chu Hechao once again found himself standing at the edge of a steep, pitch-black cliff.

All other sounds faded away in an instant, and all Chu Hechao could see were Yuan Li's face and those lips. Rationality and desire pulled and tugged, emotions and morals held him back. In an instant, a faintly ferocious expression appeared on the man's face.

Various voices echoed in his mind.

Look at him, acting so recklessly in front of you. You should teach him a lesson.

Chu Hechao, he's saying such things, why are you still holding back?

But he's Chu Mingfeng's wife. Chu Mingfeng's last wish was for you to take care of him.

He's your brother's wife, you can't touch him.

Don't let him be berated by everyone.

Chu Hechao's hand slowly clenched into a fist.

But you are Chu Hechao, the Great General of the Northern Frontier. With enough power, no one dares to say anything, and you can turn your brother's wife into your own husband.