chapter 22

Ma Renyi has been killed!

Yuan Li showed a hint of a smile and immediately turned to look at Chu Hechao. "General."

Chu Hechao's eyes flashed with astonishment, and he couldn't help but raise his lips. He sent someone to deliver the news of Ma Renyi's death to Wu Kai. Then he leaned down, raised his whip, and raised his voice. "Ma Renyi has been killed! Follow me to claim his head!"

The hundred cavalrymen responded with determination, "Yes!"

The cavalry swiftly charged forward, trampling the White Rice Gang under their hooves and cutting down several of them. They continuously shouted, "Ma Renyi is dead!" "Surrender now or face death!" Their fierce tone and the bravery with which they killed terrified the White Rice Gang, who dropped their weapons and turned to flee.

Yuan Li pulled out an arrow from behind him and was about to join the charge when the system suddenly became active.

[Encyclopedia System activated.]

[Mission: Suppress the rebellion in Youzhou.]

[Reward: Potatoes.]

Potatoes?

Yuan Li's eyes brightened.

Unlike soap and refined sugar, which were tools for making money, potatoes were a staple food. They had a high yield, were resistant to hunger, and could be prepared in various ways, making them a truly beneficial resource. With potatoes in hand, there was no need to worry about insufficient food.

Yuan Li clenched his fist, his gaze focused on the mission in the task bar, "Suppress the rebellion in Youzhou," feeling confident of success.

In the forefront,

Wu Kai received the news and began shouting with his cavalry, "Ma Renyi is dead!" "We have won!" These words left many White Rice Gang who were resisting them stunned and bewildered.

The leader is dead?

Is this true? If their leader is dead, what should they do?

From all directions, the cries of "Ma Renyi is dead" echoed, causing confusion and fear among the White Rice Gang.

After losing their leader, a belated sense of fear surged through the minds of the disorganized mob, as if they had instantly transformed from executioners to oppressed commoners. Some people started to flee, and the rest scattered like birds and beasts.

However, there were still some who stubbornly resisted, trying to rally others to join the fight.

"Don't run! Let's fight back together!"

"We have more people, we're not afraid of these cavalry! They're all treacherous dogs of the court. How can we surrender to them?"

But the rebellious peasants who followed them did not understand the bigger picture. They only wanted to have a full meal, which was why they joined Ma Renyi's rebellion. They didn't understand that they should put their lives on the line to overthrow the Northern Zhou Dynasty. They didn't understand why they couldn't run when the cavalry was right in front of them.

As a result, more and more people started to flee.

As Chu Hechao had guessed, once the leader was captured, the White Rice Gang fell into chaos.

Amidst the panic, Chu Hechao, like a sharp spear, was the first to charge towards Ma Renyi's corpse. Ma Renyi's subordinates and loyal followers were still considered elite, and they remained fiercely loyal to him. Even though Ma Renyi's death came too suddenly, they gritted their teeth and protected his body, surrounding it with raised swords, confronting Chu Hechao.