chapter 51

They walked outside the military camp and saw a group of vigilant cavalrymen surrounding the vehicles.

These cavalrymen were all strong and sturdy, towering in height and imposing. The horses were spirited and robust, their eyes alert. Once they formed a circle, it was impossible to see what was inside the vehicles.

Standing at the forefront was Wu Kai. Even inside the military camp, he remained on high alert, tightly gripping the large sword at his waist, attentively observing his surroundings. This made the nearby soldiers hesitant to approach the group.

Seeing their serious demeanor, He Lang and the others became genuinely curious. Even Yang Zhongfa reluctantly lifted his spirits and asked, "With such a grand setup, what exactly has Young Master Yuan sent?"

Chu Hechao also had no idea, but he was intrigued. He walked over with large strides. Only upon seeing him did Wu Kai ease his guard and respectfully salute, "General, the Lord sent me to deliver something to you."

"What is it?" Chu Hechao asked.

Wu Kai replied, "Thunderclap Cannon."

Thunderclap Cannon?

Everyone looked at each other, and Mi Yang directly asked, "What is a Thunderclap Cannon?"

Wu Kai clasped his fists and said, "Please find a desolate and uninhabited place, General. We will demonstrate the use of the Thunderclap Cannon for you."

Chu Hechao raised an eyebrow and decisively led them to an empty and overgrown grassland.

The other generals followed out of curiosity.

Once they arrived at the location, the cavalrymen made way, revealing the carriage in the middle. Wu Kai carefully opened a chest, revealing a box full of short wooden and bamboo poles.

Mi Yang immediately expressed disappointment, "What is this? Are we planning to set off firecrackers?"

What use could firecrackers possibly have? It's not even the New Year.

Wu Kai remained composed and took out a Thunderclap Cannon from inside, placing it a short distance away and straightened the fuse, preparing to ignite it.

Gong Bin, the sergeant who accompanied Wu Kai to transport the Thunderclap Cannon, kindly reminded the generals, "My lords, it would be best to cover your ears and mouths. This thing makes quite a loud noise, and there will be a lot of smoke."

However, those who were warned didn't pay any attention. No one took his words to heart.

Gong Bin helplessly sighed, and as soon as Wu Kai lit the fuse, at that very moment, all five hundred cavalrymen turned their heads and covered their ears. Mi Yang and the others caught a glimpse of their actions and found it amusing.

It's just firecrackers. Is it necessary to be so exaggerated?

But in the next instant, a deafening explosion rang out with a "bang"!

Everyone, caught off guard, was startled. Some even stumbled and almost fell to the ground.

Thick smoke billowed, engulfing everyone's faces as the wind blew. Yang Zhongfa, He Lang, and the others coughed and looked at the location where the Thunderclap Cannon exploded, incredulous. "Is this the power of those bamboo poles?"

How could it be so powerful!

"It's the Thunderclap Cannon," Wu Kai corrected, "It's something Lord Yuan specially sent to the general to deal with the Xiongnu."

Chu Hechao remained motionless, and no one noticed his contracting pupils and gradually brightening eyes. He commanded in a deep voice, "Ignite another Thunderclap Cannon."