chapter 124

Everyone was eagerly awaiting the arrival of the Youzhou soldiers.

When the Youzhou soldiers arrived in Henei County, the news immediately spread among the other rebel forces and reached Li Li's ears.

Upon their arrival, they learned of the devastating defeat of the Qin army and the news that Li Li had recruited the remnants.

Yang Zhongfa couldn't help but laugh in frustration, "What heroes are they trying to be if they can't win? They just let Li Li capture 30,000 prisoners for nothing. It's making my heart ache with anger."

Chu Hechao remained composed and nonchalantly said, "Isn't that good?"

Yang Zhongfa was surprised, "General, do you think this is good?"

"It's good," Chu Hechao replied, his lips curling without a trace of a smile, "If no one is defeated, how can we demonstrate the might of our victory?"

Yuan Li nodded in agreement.

The more defeated armies, the greater the reputation of the victorious ones.

The rebel forces waiting in Jiyin County were overjoyed upon hearing about the arrival of the Youzhou soldiers. They hurried to Henei County and warmly welcomed the arrival of Yuan Li and Chu Hechao. Their eager attitude made Yuan Li feel like their arrival was akin to putting out a fire.

This group of people held a lively banquet for Chu Hechao and Yuan Li, during which they lamented the strength of Li Li's army and the bravery of his generals.

Before Yuan Li and Chu Hechao had arrived, some of these people had tried to fight against Li Li, but they all ended up defeated. Yuan Li looked at the lazy and timid appearance of their soldiers and thought to himself, "Even if you argue, you can't justify yourselves..."

Chu Hechao remained composed, but his mere presence reassured the rebel soldiers.

Unlike their reputations, which were inflated by boasting, Chu Hechao, the young Grand General stationed in the Northern Border, truly lived up to his fearsome reputation.

His countless achievements and notorious name gave him a commanding presence that surpassed other generals.

This aura even made the repeatedly victorious Li Li army somewhat apprehensive.

Of course, not all the forces coming to fight Li Li were unreliable. Lu He, the Governor of Liangzhou, had long been itching to attack Li Li.

However, he led fewer troops, and his supplies were scarce. No one was willing to join him in the fight. Finally, now that Chu Hechao and Yuan Li had arrived, after the banquet, Lu He approached them directly, saying, "When will you be launching an attack? Take Liangzhou with you!"

"In ten days at most, I will lead the troops," Chu Hechao raised an eyebrow and said straightforwardly, "How many soldiers have you brought?"

"Twenty thousand," Lu He said with a thick skin, not feeling embarrassed at all. He patted his chest and said, "Don't be deceived by our small number. The fierce warriors of Liangzhou are not inferior to your Northern Border army. We often fight against foreign tribes, and each and every one of them is a valiant warrior."

Chu Hechao asked, "How much food and supplies do you have left?"

Lu He blushed, "Only enough for half a month."

No wonder this guy was so eager to attack Li Li.

Yuan Li found it both funny and exasperating and interjected, "We have indeed heard of the bravery of the Liangzhou soldiers. With Lord Lu's assistance, we have a better chance of defeating Li Li."