chapter 130

Chu Hechao calmed down after venting his anger. He pointed to one of the guards and said, "Go and bring the Lord Governor here, speak to him with a begging tone, say that our General's wound has started hurting."

The guard went as instructed and returned after a while. "General, the Lord Governor says that if you're in pain, you should endure it."

Chu Hechao didn't say anything, his chest heaving heavily, eyes reddening with anger, unable to utter a word.

He propped himself up on the bed, wanting to go to Yuan Li and act miserable, using a strategy of pretending to be in pain. But as soon as he sat up, he felt a sharp pain in his abdomen.

Chu Hechao's expression changed slightly, and the guard was alarmed, saying, "General, doing this will only make the Lord Governor angrier!"

Chu Hechao was awakened by the warning and remembered Yuan Li's expressionless face. His temples throbbed, afraid that if he went now, Yuan Li would indeed become even angrier.

In the end, Chu Hechao hesitated for a while but decided to lie back down and not move.

Though he had shared a bed with someone before, lying alone in a room with only guards to take care of him made Chu Hechao feel a bit lonely and restless.

With a suppressed anger in his heart, nothing felt right. Even though the bed was clean and soft, and his body was exhausted, Chu Hechao couldn't calm down enough to sleep. He longed for the night to pass quickly, yet it felt endless.

On the other side, after Yuan Li returned to his room, he was still angry.

He had seen through Chu Hechao. When Chu Hechao wasn't injured, he had thick skin, but when he was really hurt, he remained silent, trying to hide it and not be noticed.

Yuan Li decided that he wouldn't forgive Chu Hechao until his injury was healed, making sure Chu Hechao would never dare to do something like this again. However, when the guard sent by Chu Hechao came and said that his wound was hurting, Yuan Li's reply sounded cold, but deep down, he couldn't bear it.

He pursed his lips, got up, and went to find the medical officer living in the side courtyard.

The medical book provided by the system was the best available for this era, and it also included the method of surgical sutures.

In fact, in ancient history, there were detailed records of surgical sutures early on.

However, to perform surgery safely, very strict requirements were needed. While traditional silk thread could be used as sutures, forceps, scissors, lancets, and more needed to be specifically crafted, and a complete disinfection environment had to be prepared, along with the availability of anesthesia.

Within these two years, Yuan Li had someone make some of the surgical tools. However, these tools were so delicate and demanding that they were very scarce in quantity. After rotating the use among the medical officers, not everyone had a chance to learn how to use them.

Not every medical officer dared to wield a knife on a person, and their medical talents were diverse. Yuan Li selected some medical officers suitable for this practice and allowed them to practice suturing techniques on pig meat first before trying it on animals once they were proficient. The results were excellent.

This time, in case of emergencies, Yuan Li brought along the five best medical officers skilled in suturing.

However, because the battles went smoothly and due to the scarcity of materials, these medical officers had not performed real sutures on patients until now.

Yuan Li understood why Chu Hechao wanted to hide his injury. Besides not wanting to worry him, Chu Hechao also didn't want to reveal his injury to other feudal lords, especially to Chen Wang and Wu Shanshi.