chapter 108

After the physician finished speaking, Chu Hechao's trembling hands finally stopped shaking.

The panic in his eyes gradually subsided as he murmured, "As long as you're okay, that's all that matters."

In ancient times, chickenpox was a common infectious disease that affected children. Unlike another contagious disease, smallpox, chickenpox was much less severe.

Once it was confirmed to be chickenpox, everyone felt relieved. However, chickenpox was contagious, so both Yuan Li and those who had been in contact with him in the past few days needed to be isolated.

The physician found a suitable courtyard for Yuan Li and Chu Hechao, along with their attendants, to stay.

Though the treatment for chickenpox had progressed, it was not entirely comprehensive at the time. Luckily, Yuan Li's medical book, provided by the system, had a comprehensive and systematic method for treating chickenpox. With the book's guidance, the physician was skilled and confident in treating Yuan Li. After making sure that Yuan Li was comfortable, the physician prepared the medicine and administered it to him.

After drinking the medicine, Yuan Li felt a bit drowsy. He tried to stay awake and said to Lin Tian, "Ask Zhao Ying to check if any orphans in the Liangliao Institution have contracted chickenpox."

After the recent snow disaster, many homeless orphans had appeared. Those with good potential had been sent to the Liangliao Institution to be trained as intelligence agents. Not long ago, Yuan Li had visited the Liangliao Institution to inspect the training of these orphans.

He suspected that he might have been infected by one of the orphans in the Liangliao Institution.

Lin Tian agreed and then assured Yuan Li to rest.

After everyone left the room, the physician and Lin Tian gave detailed instructions, "In the coming days, the Governor's chickenpox will worsen. He will lose his appetite and should stick to a light diet, drink plenty of water, rest more, and especially pay attention to cleanliness. He should be wiped and bathed daily and take medicine and apply ointment on time."

The physician sighed, "Chickenpox in adults is much more severe and uncomfortable than in children. Please make sure the Governor doesn't scratch the blisters."

Although he was speaking to Lin Tian, Chu Hechao was listening attentively.

Finally, the physician said, "Those who have had contact with the Governor in the last few days may also have contracted chickenpox. Please, General, and everyone else, pay close attention to any discomfort and inform me immediately if you notice anything."

Chu Hechao nodded and said, "Go back to Yuan Residence and check there as well."

The physician bowed, "Yes."

Once the physician had left, the atmosphere in the room became heavy with silence.

Lin Tian's face turned pale, and he was sweating coldly. After a while, he suddenly knelt in front of Chu Hechao with a loud thud.

Two servants who usually served Yuan Li were also kneeling on the ground with trembling legs.

Chu Hechao's long hair was still untied, and he stood calmly, his tall figure casting shadows over the servants.

The servants held their breath, trembling with fear, feeling as though death was right in front of them.

Kneeling on the ground, they could still see Chu Hechao's shoes. They were worn the wrong way around, clearly indicating that the General had indeed slept in the same room as Yuan Li last night.