chapter 43

How Chu Hechao dealt with the tiger and two wolves remained unknown, and Yuan Li never saw them in the mansion again.

Speaking of which, it was somewhat regrettable. Yuan Li actually liked such wild and untamable beasts. He admired the vibrant vitality in them, especially the tiger. The bold and colorful tiger stripes were incredibly attractive. Who could resist such a magnificent feline?

He had originally wanted to find Chu Hechao and ask about the tiger and two wolves, but strangely, Chu Hechao seemed busy with something. Yuan Li hadn't seen him for several days. Not only did he not see him around as usual, but he hadn't even seen Chu Hechao during meal times.

Yuan Li was puzzled for a few days, but in the end, he gave up. He stopped trying to find Chu Hechao.

A few days later, the cavalry soldiers who had been sent to eliminate the bandits brought back important intelligence.

While Wu Kai and Wang Er were leading the troops to eliminate the bandits in the vicinity of Ji County, they obtained crucial information from the mouth of a bandit. There was a major bandit stronghold within Youzhou, as notorious as the Yishan Army in Yanzhou. This group of bandits resided year-round in the deep mountains of Jiuding Mountain within Yuyang Commandery. Every autumn, they would raid the surrounding villages and counties, inflicting great suffering upon the people.

Furthermore, they also unearthed a piece of information from the bandit's mouth. It turned out that these various bandit strongholds had some connections, and bandits from different commanderies would occasionally communicate with each other to inquire about the situations in their respective commanderies.

If there was a provincial governor with a weak temperament who dared not meddle with the bandits, they would gather in that particular commandery and specifically torment the local people.

The bandits on Jiuding Mountain were connected to some bandit strongholds in Yizhou, Qingzhou, and Yanzhou.

Due to the lack of proper governance in Youzhou for many years and the local prefects only concerned with enriching themselves, as a result, these bandits in Youzhou had become extremely audacious. They had already regarded Youzhou as their fertile land for burning, killing, and plundering, considering themselves the rulers of Youzhou.

After Yuan Li and Chu Hechao returned, the bandits in the vicinity of Ji County relayed the information to the bandits on Jiuding Mountain.

The bandits on Jiuding Mountain were initially startled, thinking that Chu Hechao would lead troops to permanently station in Youzhou. However, when they learned that Chu Hechao was only temporarily staying and that the one who held the seal of the Provincial Governor of Youzhou was just a young and inexperienced boy, they immediately relaxed. They laughed heartily and didn't pay any attention to it.

The bandits didn't take Yuan Li seriously at all. They didn't believe that a young kid could pose any threat to them.

The bandits in the vicinity of Ji County also thought the same way, but their contempt only resulted in their strongholds being crushed by the iron cavalry.

Finally, they started to feel fear.

Yuan Li finished reading and put down the papers expressionlessly.

In the study, Wu Kai and Wang Er, after achieving consecutive victories in suppressing the bandits, had become more composed, confident, and exuded the dignified aura befitting commanders. At this moment, their faces were filled with suppressed anger. As soon as Yuan Li finished reading, Wang Er immediately clasped his fists and said, "Lord, I request permission to lead the troops and eradicate the bandits on Jiuding Mountain in Yuyang Commandery!"