chapter 127

After passing through the Hulao Pass, they were not far from Luoyang.

Several days later, Yuan Li led his army to Luoyang.

Upon arriving in Luoyang, Yuan Li was somewhat surprised.

This was because another army had already stationed in Luoyang, and judging from the banners, it belonged to Chen Wang

After reaching the imperial palace, Zheng Rong, Wu Kai, and the others stayed outside the palace. Yuan Li, together with Lu He, Yang Zhongfa, and several other high-ranking officials officially appointed by the court, went inside the palace to pay respects to the emperor.

The eunuch leading the way tried to please them, whispering the recent events in Luoyang one by one.

As it turned out, when Yuan Li's army attacked, Chen Wang took advantage of Li Li's absence and arrived in Luoyang. Li Li had planned to escape with the emperor, but upon learning that Chen Wang had come, he could only abandon the emperor and flee alone.

Chen Wang brought the emperor back to the palace and stayed by his side day and night. After Li Li escaped, the two uncles of the emperor, Qin Pei and Qin Meng, also entered the palace. However, the emperor had already developed a strong trust in Chen Wang and felt somewhat distant from the two uncles.

Lu He was quite angered by this development and said with a sarcastic tone, "It seems that Chen Wang is playing the same trick as Li Li. He didn't do anything, yet he wants to take credit for saving the emperor? He even managed to make the emperor rely on him so much; I'm afraid he plans to take the emperor back to the south."

The little eunuch leading the way trembled with fear and didn't dare to say a word.

Yuan Li furrowed his brows.

No wonder he had never seen Chen Wang all this time. It turned out Chen Wang had given up the opportunity to kill Li Li and had instead decided to gain favor with the emperor.

Before leaving Youzhou, Liu Jixin and Guo Mao had presented a plan to Yuan Li.

The plan was to take advantage of the emperor, just like Li Li had done, to command the other feudal lords.

After killing Li Li and winning a decisive victory, Yuan Li and Chu Hechao would earn the admiration and praise of the world. Then, as loyal subjects, they would welcome the emperor to Youzhou in the name of the emperor and pacify the war-torn world.

Li Li's own experience had proven that this method was highly effective.

Especially if Yuan Li and Chu Hechao were to subjugate the emperor like Li Li, no one would dare to call them rebels, as their loyalty and righteousness would be widely recognized throughout the world.

Currently, this was the best option for Yuan Li and Chu Hechao.

Yuan Li understood the effectiveness of this method, but he wasn't eager to welcome the emperor back to Youzhou.

Having the emperor around made things convenient in many ways, but just having the emperor, even if only in name, on his own territory, made Yuan Li uncomfortable.

Especially with the name of his system being "Chancellor of the First Generation."

These words weighed heavily on Yuan Li's shoulders like a mountain.

He had two lifetimes of experience and an extraordinary system. This lifetime, from a young age, he had resolutely practiced martial arts, not letting go of any opportunity to stand out and wanting to survive and achieve something in this chaotic era.

To become a small ant that couldn't be crushed by those with greater power at will.

Yuan Li still remembered the appearance of his father bowing and scraping to find a way out for him, and the appearance of his mother, Lady Chen, desperately begging her clan for help.