chapter 63

The people gathered around the bed looked at Yuan Li with tearful eyes upon hearing his words. However, upon seeing an unfamiliar face, they hesitated, clearly not trusting Yuan Li much.

Yuan Li furrowed his brow and emphasized, "If you continue to delay, this child will die!"

Lady Meng, Cui Xuan's daughter-in-law, suddenly stood up and decisively scolded the servants to make way. She herself pulled her husband to the side and choked out, "Please, sir, save my child."

Before Yuan Li could respond to her plea, he picked up the child from the bed.

Cui Xuan tightly grasped the hand of the servant supporting him and looked at Yuan Li with hopeful eyes. He immediately said, "As long as you can save my beloved grandson, I will definitely come down from the mountain to perform your coronation! I agree with everything you say!"

He placed all his hopes on this young man. As long as Yuan Li could save his grandson... No, as long as Yuan Li could help his grandson hold on until the physician arrived, Cui Xuan would be endlessly grateful.

At that moment, Yuan Li didn't even notice his words.

When a child accidentally chokes on food, it can severely obstruct their normal breathing and even cause asphyxiation. It can lead to death within minutes. In the face of this situation, immediate application of the Heimlich maneuver is necessary.

The Heimlich maneuver has two variations: one for children under three years old and another for children and adults over three years old. After holding the child in his arms, Yuan Li realized that the child's size indicated he was over three years old. He hugged the child's abdomen, placed a clenched fist above the child's navel with two fingers, and covered the fist with his other hand. Once in position, Yuan Li exerted forceful and rapid upward pressure with both hands.

One time, two times, three times...

The child's face grew increasingly red, even turning slightly blue. The parents could no longer stand steady and leaned on each other, tears streaming down their faces as they closely watched every movement of Yuan Li.

Yuan Li forcefully delivered another upward impact, and the child suddenly coughed out a piece of pastry from his throat, wailing loudly, "Mother..."

Everyone in the room immediately breathed a sigh of relief, including Yang Zhongfa, who was watching from the side. They couldn't help but wipe the cold sweat from their foreheads, feeling a sense of relief.

Lady Meng hurriedly stepped forward and took the child in her trembling hands, "Lian'er, my Lian'er."

The parents continuously expressed their gratitude to Yuan Li, but he shook his head and said, "First, let's ask how the child choked."

Yuan Li himself felt a bit strange.

It was too coincidental.

Coincidental to the point where he suspected foul play.

Why did this happen to coincide with their arrival?

Upon hearing this, the parents quickly regained their composure and looked towards the maid standing to the side.

Cui Xuan, who was relieved that his grandson was safe, almost lost his balance. He was supported and sat down nearby, his heart pounding as he repeatedly said, "Yes, we should ask. Tell us, what happened!"

Even the poor child, who was crying in his mother's arms, understood. He stuttered and spoke in a confused manner, with the maid supplementing his words, which allowed everyone to understand.

It turned out that while the child was eating the pastry and running around, wanting to take his usual afternoon nap with his grandfather, he found that his grandfather was not in the room. As he searched for his grandfather, he slipped into the garden and encountered the imposing group led by Chu Hechao.

After Being Abducted by the GeneralOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara