chapter 83

After seeing off Zhou Gongdan, the burden of public affairs on Liu Jixin became even heavier.

Especially after Cai Ji escaped, Yuan Li did not immediately appoint a new governor of Guangyang Commandery. Instead, he transferred Cai Ji's duties to Liu Jixin, Zheng Rong, and others to handle together.

Liu Jixin, who used to have fixed time for rest and sleep every day and could find time to enjoy tea, no longer had any free time and was forced to be busy with his colleagues. In just two days, dark circles appeared under his eyes, and he looked much more haggard.

The same was true for others.

Liu Jixin, Yuan Lou, and the group composed of the servants brought by their father were named the Ministry of Government Affairs by Yuan Li, specializing in handling government affairs.

Among them, Zhan Shaoning and Yuan Lou were not originally good at handling government affairs, but they gradually became proficient under the pile of documents, and even started working overtime and staying up late.

At this time, Yuan Lou was taken away by Yuan Li to train the wounded soldiers.

Yuan Lou was eager to leave. He held the things in his hands and his eyes lit up. He rarely smiled, revealing his teeth, and bid farewell to Liu Jixin and Zhan Shaoning, saying, "Brother Liu, Shaoning, I'm leaving first, you continue to be busy, no need to send me off."

As soon as he finished speaking, the faces of Liu Jixin and Zhan Shaoning turned dark. Liu Jixin waved his hand without looking at him, "Just go!"

Yuan Lou turned around and ran away, looking extremely happy.

Teaching the wounded soldiers was better than being buried in documents!

As busy as the civil officials were, the military officials were no exception. Wu Kai led his assistant Gong Bin to suppress the bandits, while Wang Er had to protect the safety of Ji County and be responsible for conscription. They were so busy that they wished they could split themselves in half.

The three men around Yuan Li, Lin Tian, Guo Lin, and Zhao Ying, also had their own tasks. In just a few days, from Liu Jixin to Zhao Ying, they all came to Yuan Li saying that there were not enough people.

Yuan Li was also worried about this.

At night, he kept nagging in Chu Hechao's ear about the lack of manpower, and directly annoyed Chu Hechao. "Let Guan Zhihuai go and help you tomorrow."

Yuan Li agreed, then said, "I wonder where Zhou Gongdan has gone. Do you think Wu Shanshi will notice anything? I wonder if my parents have arrived..."

Chu Hechao was originally holding his face to kiss, but when he heard this, he couldn't help but bite Yuan Li, his face turning black. "Can't you focus?"

Yuan Li covered his mouth and glared at him.

Chu Hechao's eyes narrowed, and something flickered in his eyes. "If you keep looking at me like this, I'll kiss you."

Yuan Li: "..."

As they continued, they began to sweat from kissing. Yuan Li's eyelashes were wet, and the man's hand caressed his cheek, his lips becoming hotter as if on fire.

After a while, they finally separated, and for a while, no one spoke.

After a moment, Chu Hechao asked hoarsely, "Do you like it when I kiss you?"

Yuan Li nodded, "I do."

Chu Hechao was delighted by this answer and laughed twice before giving Yuan Li another kiss. He got off the bed and put on his shoes. "The apricots are ripe. Do you want to eat them?"