chapter 71

" It's raining!"

"Oh, thank the heavens! It's finally raining!"

Outside the farm, the ecstatic cheers of the tenants reached the ears of the motionless crowd inside the walls.

The heavy rain poured like a water curtain, accompanied by strong winds, blowing under the canopy.

The Wuwan people, drenched and resembling drowned rats, stood dumbfounded in the downpour, while the chill from the rain penetrated their feet and reached their hearts.

It was really raining.

Yuan Le Jun was right.

Da Dan, who was being stared at by Yuan Li, lost his footing, stumped and fell into the muddy water.

Fear rose within him, and he looked at Yuan Li in horror.

Yuan Le Jun... Does he... know the will of heaven?

The same fear and shock engulfed Gulichi, who stood in the pouring rain.

He clenched his teeth tightly, and after the fear subsided, a surge of killing intent rose within him. This murderous intent even surpassed his desire to kill Chu Hechao.

A person who possessed such insight into the workings of heaven and earth must not be allowed to live! If he were to be spared, it would bring only harm to the Wuwan people and no benefits.

Gulichi was clear in his mind. At this moment, Yuan Li's threat to him far surpassed that of Chu Hechao.

How could it be–

How could anyone achieve such a level!

"Kill him!" Gulichi forcefully pulled out his remaining right hand to grab his left sash, his bloodshot eyes filled with murderous intent and fear. "Zuosang, go and kill him for me!"

However, Zuosang trembled uncontrollably, vigorously shaking his head. "I dare not... Chief, I dare not kill him..."

Gulichi roared, "You fool!"

He was about to get up and call for his personal guards. Gulichi couldn't even afford to delay for further consideration. Yuan Le Jun's supernatural abilities were too unpredictable and unfathomable. He mustn't be given any time to grow.

After killing Yuan Le Jun, they would escape. It was perfect timing with the sudden heavy rain, as Chu Hechao wouldn't be able to pursue them.

The Northern Zhou Dynasty was preoccupied and wouldn't immediately send troops against them just because of the death of a provincial governor. Even if it led to a war between the Wuwan people and Northern Zhou, Gulichi was determined to kill Yuan Le Jun.

However, as soon as Gulichi stood up, a thunderous roar erupted in the sky.

Gulichi stiffened in place, his curly hair drenched by the rain, sticking to his cheeks. He widened his eyes and dared not take a single step forward.

Was this a warning from the heavens... telling him not to lay a hand on Yuan Li?

The impact felt by the people under the canopy was no less than that experienced by the Wuwan people.

Yuan Dan stood there in a daze, reaching out his hand and feeling the raindrops fall into his palm.

"Brother, it's really raining. It's not a dream," Yuan Dan's voice trembled. "Le Jun predicted today's heavy rain."

How could someone predict a torrential rain in advance?

But Yuan Li did it.

Not only did he predict the heavy rain, he also knew the exact timing of its arrival.