chapter 44

Under Da Zuang's guidance, Liu Jixin and his group hurried to Xiaohe Village.

It was the first time Da Zhuang had ever ridden a horse, and he clung tightly to the cavalryman who was escorting him, squeezing the cavalryman's face pale.

Upon arriving at Xiaohe Village, Da Zhuang didn't have time to catch his breath. He quickly explained to the village chief of Xiaohe Village about the Governor's order to suppress the bandits.

Upon learning that the bandits were planning to raid their village but the cavalry sent by the government had arrived ahead of them, the village chief of Xiaohe Village was almost moved to tears. He led Liu Jixin and the others throughout the village.

Many women and farmers covered their children's mouths and peeked from their doorways. The children, curious yet fearful, had clear black and white eyes that reflected the armored soldiers passing by.

The group surveyed the terrain of Xiaohe Village, and Wang Er shook his head with a heavy expression. "The terrain here is not favorable for cavalry."

Zhong Ji anxiously asked, "Then what should we do?"

Xiaohe Village was too narrow, and several rivers divided the village into several sections. Such terrain couldn't fully utilize the power of cavalry.

It was too limiting.

Wu Kai looked at Liu Jixin and asked for advice, "Sir, do you have any clever plans?"

Liu Jixin stroked his beard and smiled, "It may not be a clever plan, but I have an idea."

They leaned in and discussed with Wu Kai and Wang Er, their eyes brightening, and all of them smiled. "If this plan works, we'll follow what Sir said!"

On this day, the bandits from Jiuding Mountain sent five hundred of their men to plunder Xiaohe Village.

The rest of the bandits were feasting and reveling in a wild celebration.

Meat and alcohol were laid out on a table, grains were scattered on the ground without a care, and the beautiful young women they had looted from the village were dancing with tears in their eyes to entertain them.

The bandits, with their mouths full of meat and wine, spewed foul and indecent language that was unbearable to hear. If anyone with a bad temper was dissatisfied, they would lash out with a whip, saying, "D*mn it, your dancing is ugly as h*ll. Can't any of you dance properly?"

"They're all peasant women who work in the fields, what kind of dance can they do? It's already good enough if they look pretty."

"The women in brothels dance much better. The way they twist their waists makes me want to drool."

A few bandits brandished their big knives and threatened the young women with their tongues hanging out. "The women in brothels can dance so beautifully. You also have hands and feet, why can't you dance like that? Hurry up, take off your clothes and dance. If you don't make us happy, you won't even get to keep your hands and feet."

Tears streamed down the faces of the young women as they trembled and undid their clothes.

They didn't dare to resist because there had already been examples of failed resistance.

A few days ago, there was a courageous woman named Yun Niang who, unwilling to be defiled by the bandits, slashed her own face. She was beaten and thrown into the woodshed, covered in blood, and no one knew if she would survive.

The three bandit leaders sitting at the head of the table watched with relish, laughing and joking as they downed several barrels of alcohol.

These three bandit leaders had broad, muscular faces, short stature, and a fierce demeanor. They were actually three brothers surnamed Zheng, who were originally idle troublemakers in a village at the foot of Jiuding Mountain. By chance, they took over the mountain and became bandits.