chapter 84

One acre of land is not much, and when Yang Zhongfa blinked, there wasn't much left.

He glanced at the field and saw the General and Lord Yuan standing close together. Lord Yuan was blocked by half of his body, revealing only a smiling face.

Upon closer inspection, Lord Yuan hardly bent over, standing beside the General and handing him seedlings. Meanwhile, his General, diligent and hardworking, had done most of the work.

Yang Zhongfa sighed in amazement.

Truly extraordinary.

But he also felt deeply moved. The General had really changed a lot in this past year, gaining much humanity.

As the sun began to set, the group returned for dinner.

Although they were in the countryside, Guo Mao's mansion was not simple and exuded natural charm. The dining hall even had a bear head hanging on the wall. They enjoyed a hearty meal, and Guo Mao was an entertaining speaker. He could let loose and make everyone laugh heartily. He even engaged in a drinking contest with Yang Zhongfa.

There were many vacant rooms in the mansion, more than enough for Yuan Li and his entourage to stay.

Upon hearing this, Yang Zhongfa slammed the table and exclaimed to Guo Mao, "You don't know, our General and Lord Yuan are sticklers for rules. Last time when we visited the great scholar Cui Xuan, we had a shortage of rooms, so the two gentlemen had to squeeze into one room and didn't sleep well."

Guo Mao burst into laughter. "No need to worry here. My knowledge is far from comparable to Master Cui's, but there are definitely enough rooms."

Chu Hechao's eyebrows twitched, and he looked up at Yuan Li. Their eyes met briefly and quickly averted.

At night, it started raining outside.

The drizzle masked some of the sounds. When Yuan Li was lying on the bed, he heard a slight creak as someone entered the room.

Chu Hechao secured the latch and quietly walked to Yuan Li's bedside, taking off his shoes.

Yuan Li was a bit nervous and asked in a low voice, "You weren't seen, right?"

Chu Hechao replied that he wasn't, clicking his tongue. "Look at you, talking as if we're having a secret affair."

Yuan Li thought to himself, isn't that what we're doing?

Chu Hechao had gotten wet in the rain and had a large wet patch on his back. Yuan Li said, "Take off your wet clothes quickly, don't catch a cold."

"It's fine, I'm not cold."

Although he said so, Chu Hechao still took off his wet clothes and draped them over the back of a chair to dry. He then climbed onto Yuan Li's bed, wearing only a pair of pants.

His upper body revealed strong and attractive muscles, broad shoulders and a narrow waist. The sun-weathered honey-colored skin was covered in scars.

Yuan Li reached out and touched the arrow wound on Chu Hechao's chest. Chu Hechao immediately grabbed his hand, his lips curling as he lowered his voice, "Where are you touching?"

Yuan Li asked in return, pretending to be puzzled, "Can't I touch?"

Chu Hechao made a hissing sound, feeling itchy, and released Yuan Li's hand. "Touch. You can touch your man as you please."

Then, with a wicked look, he added, "You can also touch down there."

"I've noticed," Yuan Li sighed and said, "Your mind is filled with yellow straw."