chapter 103

The soldier took out the letter from his pocket, and Chu Hechao received it with a smile on his face as he eagerly opened it.

What could Yuan Li have written to him?

Would he express missing him? Or perhaps some intimate words meant only for the two of them?

Chu Hechao was full of anticipation, but as soon as he opened the letter, he saw several mentions of "Chu Mingfeng."

His smile instantly vanished, replaced by an expressionless face. Annoyed, he tossed the letter on the table and told the soldier, "You may leave."

The soldier stepped outside and stood guard.

Chu Hechao tightly clenched the letter, closed his eyes, and found himself struggling with complex emotions and thoughts.

The name "Chu Mingfeng" was like a thorn in his heart.

He didn't have anything, Yuan Li was the only person he had left, and was taken away from Chu Mingfeng's clutches. Every time Yuan Li mentioned Chu Mingfeng, Chu Hechao felt anxious, afraid that Yuan Li would regret choosing him.

What did Yuan Li want to say in the letter by mentioning Chu Mingfeng?

Was he going to express that after this month and a half of separation, he had come to a decision and felt that he preferred Chu Mingfeng, and didn't want to continue this uneasy relationship with Chu Hechao?

Chu Hechao's throat tightened, and his eyes darkened.

After a long time, he finally calmed down and unfolded the crumpled envelope to continue reading.

He wanted to see what Yuan Li had to say about Chu Mingfeng.

The letter was only one page, and the content wasn't much. As Chu Hechao read, his pupils dilated, and he suddenly stood up. The chair fell to the ground with a loud crash.

The soldier outside was about to rush in, but Chu Hechao said, "Don't come in!"

After yelling this, Chu Hechao stared at the words on the letter, his emotions twisting like a winding mountain road, going from disbelief to doubt, from doubt to wild joy, and finally, his expression became somewhat contorted.

He read the letter over and over again, his fingers trembling with excitement, afraid that he might have misread the words.

The "mutual affection" between Yuan Li and Chu Mingfeng turned out to be fake!

Yuan Li didn't like Chu Mingfeng, and Chu Mingfeng didn't like Yuan Li either.

They were just friends; that's what the letter seemed to suggest, and all this had been a ploy to make Chu Hechao obedient.

His chest pounded faster and faster, and Chu Hechao's emotions were indescribable at this moment. It was like a blossoming flower in his heart, and everything felt beautiful and wonderful.

He hadn't stolen Chu Mingfeng's true love, and Yuan Li's heart had never belonged to someone else. The stone that had been hanging in his heart for so long had suddenly been put down, and Chu Hechao realized he was sweating without even noticing it.

He wiped the sweat away, sat back, leaned against the back of the chair, and after a while, he propped his forehead and chuckled softly.

He felt as if he were floating, with a burning sensation in his heart. If Yuan Li were standing in front of him, he would probably pull him into his arms and tease him.

Happy, very happy.

Happier than winning a battle.

The fact that Yuan Li and Chu Mingfeng had no relationship was truly fantastic.