chapter 121

Yuan Li's mouth felt numb, and he spoke indistinctly, "Chu Hechao, maybe you should eat less lamb."

Chu Hechao was puzzled, "Why?"

"I'm worried you'll get too much heat in you," Yuan Li looked at him pensively, "What if you start having nosebleeds again?"

Chu Hechao laughed, "Can't you wish me well?"

Yuan Li looked concerned, "Then just make sure you don't drip into the hotpot."

Chu Hechao felt like pulling him over and spanking him. He smiled without a smile, "Don't worry, that won't happen."

Busy with their affairs, time passed quickly. After the new year, it was Chu Hechao's birthday, which was not particularly significant. However, this year was different as it marked his thirtieth birthday.

On this day, Chu Hechao and Yuan Li came to pay their respects to the late Chu Wang and Madam.

Next to the graves of Chu Wang and Lady Yang, there was another tombstone, which was Chu Mingfeng's grave.

All three graves were empty coffins.

As the ashes scattered in the cold wind, falling on Chu Hechao's hair, he sat on the ground, burning paper offerings for a while before suddenly speaking, "Father, Mother, I have found someone I want to marry."

Yuan Li placed a golden ingot into the incense burner and glanced at Chu Hechao.

"You have met him before, and you might be angry when I tell you," Chu Hechao smiled amidst the flames, "He is Chu Mingfeng's former wife, Yuan Li, but now he's my wife."

The flames licked at his fingertips, and the cold wind whistled by, as if it were the rebuke of Chu Wang and Lady Yang and the astonishment of Chu Mingfeng.

"You know that there is nothing between him and Chu Mingfeng," Chu Hechao quietly listened to the wind for a while before smiling again, "Stop scolding. He is mine now, and even if I die, I won't let him go. Even if you get angry enough to come out of the coffin, it won't change the fact that he's mine."

The withered branches trembled wildly, and the ashes in front of Yuan Li were blown up by the cold wind, covering his face. He almost thought that Chu Wang and Lady Yang had been angered and had shown their spirits. The corner of Yuan Li's mouth twitched as he wiped his face.

In his heart, he said, "I will take care of Chu Hechao and live a good life with him. You can rest assured."

After a while, Lin Tian reminded them that it was getting late. Yuan Li looked up at the sky, then said to Chu Hechao, "Brother, it's getting late; let's go."

"Okay," Chu Hechao replied, "Le Jun, you go ahead."

Yuan Li knew that Chu Hechao wanted to have a private moment with his family, so he nodded and left.

Chu Hechao burned the last piece of yellow paper, looking at the words on the tombstone, he stood up, patted the ashes off his clothes, and whispered, "If you can really hear what I'm saying, then bless Yuan Li to live a long life."

His face gradually cooled down, and he finally glanced at the tombstone, "Don't let me curse him again."

After returning from the graves, Chu Hechao didn't say much. In the evening, Yuan Li came up to him with a smile, hands clasped together, "Guess what I got you?"

Chu Hechao pulled him over and sat next to him, "What, something to eat?"

Yuan Li was speechless, "Can you hide something to eat in your palm?"

Chu Hechao hugged him, feeling his empty heart suddenly filled; it was like something was missing until now. He sighed and half-closed his eyes, the slightly aching temple slowly relaxing, "What is it then?"