chapter 99

This snowfall came much later than last year.

It was so late that Yuan Li thought there wouldn't be a snow disaster this year. But before the end of the year, the snow finally arrived.

The snowfall was swift and urgent, covering the earth with a thin layer of white in just a moment.

Yuan Li stood by the window, watching the heavy snowfall outside.

From time to time, the servants would excitedly shout, "The heavy snow has arrived!" "Snow is a sign of a bountiful year!" "The snow has finally come; we thought it wouldn't before the new year. The farmers in the villages were getting anxious."

Everyone rejoiced at the arrival of the heavy snow and saw it as an auspicious sign. However, Yuan Li felt a sense of concern.

Chu Hechao walked over from behind, joining Yuan Li in watching the snow outside. "Is it happening this year?"

The weather forecast wouldn't be updated until tonight, showing the weather for the next seven days. Yuan Li shook his head. "We won't know until tomorrow."

A gust of cold air blew in from the window, carrying snowflakes that landed on their heads. Chu Hechao closed the window, brushing off the snow from himself and Yuan Li. "Don't think too much. Even if it is happening this year, we are prepared."

Yuan Li let out a sigh. "You're right."

He hoped the snow would stop soon, but it continued for a whole day and didn't let up until bedtime.

When Yuan Li woke up the next morning, he felt a bone-chilling cold. He got up and saw that the charcoal fire in the room had extinguished, and his breath turned into white mist.

He shivered from the cold, and Chu Hechao also woke up. He wiped his face to wake himself up, then threw the blanket over Yuan Li and got out of bed to get dressed.

He moved swiftly, putting on his inner clothes in just a few moments, while pondering, "Why did it suddenly become so cold?"

"It's a drop in temperature," Yuan Li huddled in the blanket. "Is it still snowing outside?"

Because it was cold last night, Yuan Li didn't have servants waiting on him.

Chu Hechao didn't have to climb out of the window this time. He opened the door and looked outside, nodding. "It's still snowing."

Yuan Li quickly checked the weather forecast and felt his heart sink.

The weather forecast had been updated, and the results were not optimistic. It would be snowing heavily for the next full seven days.

Combined with the sudden drop in temperature today, it was almost certain that there would be a snow disaster this year.

Even though he didn't want to face another disaster, Yuan Li had to prepare for the snow disaster.

Fortunately, he had made many preparations in advance. Yuan Li thought about the grains and coal in the warehouse, calming his mind.

Chu Hechao went outside to fetch some fresh charcoal, replacing the charcoal in the brazier. He rubbed his hands together and said, "The water outside has frozen. The kitchen is boiling water now. Get dressed and get up. I put your clothes at the end of the bed last night; they should still be warm. Did you feel them?"

Yuan Li hooked the clothes out from under the blanket and nodded. "Yes, they're warm."

Chu Hechao placed Yuan Li's fur coat next to the brazier and stirred the brazier, sending sparks flying. The fire burned brightly.