chapter 78

This statement successfully froze Chu Hechao in his tracks.

For a moment, Chu Hechao almost thought he had misheard. He quickly turned his head and looked at Yuan Li, asking, "What did you say?"

Yuan Li's body was partially hidden in the shadows. He moved his hands and said again, "What if I didn't feel forced?"

Chu Hechao stood in place, his breath caught in his throat.

His feet felt as if they were rooted to the ground. The surprise came too suddenly, and Chu Hechao couldn't immediately understand the meaning behind those words.

Was it what he thought it meant?

Chu Hechao opened his mouth but couldn't find the words to speak.

The man continued to gaze at Yuan Li, his breathing becoming increasingly heavy. After a while, he suddenly took a big step forward, lowered his head, and looked at Yuan Li, who was still sitting in the chair. Something deep within his eyes surfaced, burning with intensity. "Do you know what that statement means?"

Yuan Li shivered under the heat of his gaze. He took a deep breath. "I know."

The man's breathing became even more rapid.

To Chu Hechao, those words sounded incredibly beautiful.

Like a long-awaited downpour after a drought, or dry firewood meeting a blazing flame, an unnamed fire burned within Chu Hechao, making him feel dry-mouthed and restless. He removed his leather gloves and carefully touched Yuan Li's cheek with his rough and powerful fingers, grazing his skin in a burning and itchy sensation that reached deep into his bones.

From the corner of the eye to the side of the ear, and then from the ear to the edge of the lips.

Yuan Li's heart raced under the touch, and he spoke in a low, almost murmuring voice, "Do you only regret saying that it was the last time?"

He realized that his voice sounded strange, low and husky, somewhat indistinct.

The man's broad back bent as he leaned closer to Yuan Li's face. His gaze traveled inch by inch from Yuan Li's eyebrows, then settled on his healthy, rosy lips.

His Adam's apple bobbed. "Yes."

He was about to lean down and kiss Yuan Li.

But the young man turned his face away, and Chu Hechao kissed the side of his face instead.

The man lifted his eyelids, thinking that Yuan Li regretted it.

However, the evading young man seemed somewhat flustered. His ears slowly turned red as he whispered, "Answer a few questions for me first."

Chu Hechao felt a throb in his temples. Who the h*ll plays a question-and-answer game at a time like this? But he suppressed his impatience, beads of sweat forming on his forehead, and urged, "Ask."

"If we cross this line, I won't be able to pretend that nothing happened," Yuan Li said. "Can you really bear the consequences... of an incestuous relationship between relatives?"

Chu Hechao burst into laughter. He whispered, "Then give me the opportunity for an incestuous relationship."

Yuan Li looked at the man's face, the burning desire in his eyes, and his previously wavering heart suddenly became resolute.

He was never one to fear anything, nor was he one to be irresponsible after being intimate with someone.

If he liked Chu Hechao, and Chu Hechao liked him, and if they both were unafraid of the consequences of being together, then what was there to hesitate about?