chapter 136

After the cupping therapy, everyone was startled by the marks on their bodies.

Xuan Er stared at the marks on Yang Zhongfa's back and said, "Dad, your marks look scary."

"It's normal to have some marks after cupping therapy," the physician walked behind Yang Zhongfa and reassured him, "The dark purplish color of the marks indicates blood stasis in your body, probably from previous hidden injuries you sustained on the battlefield."

Yang Zhongfa widened his eyes in surprise, "You can tell there's blood stasis just by looking at the marks? Impressive."

Guo Mao felt curious and stood up to let the physician examine him too. "What does the marks on my back represent then?"

The physician carefully examined the marks, "The bright red color of your marks suggests that there's deficiency in both qi and yin in your body, and your liver is in excess heat."

While they were talking, Yuan Li also got up from the bed. He only had faint marks on his back, and Chu Hechao could tell that he was in good health with just one glance.

Yuan Li stretched lazily, and as he saw Chu Hechao massaging his shoulders, his robust back muscles with circular purplish-black marks came into view.

Yuan Li furrowed his brows and walked over. "The marks on your back are so deep."

He remembered what the physician said earlier, that the dark purplish color represented blood stasis.

Chu Hechao's body had no fewer hidden injuries than Yang Zhongfa's. He became a Grand General at such a young age, and his achievements were earned through life-and-death battles.

Yuan Li reached out and touched the frightening marks, looking displeased.

Chu Hechao said, "Could you scratch it a bit? It's a bit itchy where the marks are."

Yuan Li scratched him skillfully and said, "It's common to feel this way after cupping therapy. Ciye, you should take care of your hidden injuries properly."

Chu Hechao turned his head to look at his own back and furrowed his brows. He wasn't surprised by the result.

But when he thought about how clean Yuan Li's back looked, Chu Hechao couldn't help but rub his forehead.

Yuan Li was still young, and his body had no issues at all.

Unlike him, who was older and filled with hidden injuries.

A faint sense of annoyance rose in Chu Hechao's heart.

He had to consider something he had always deliberately ignored: the difference in their lifespans.

"Hey, Ciye?" Yuan Li called out.

Chu Hechao snapped back to reality. "Alright, I'll listen to you. I'm just afraid that peaceful days won't last long, and no amount of recuperation will be effective."

Yuan Li pursed his lips and looked into Chu Hechao's eyes as if he could see through him.

Chu Hechao felt a bit absent-minded and said, "What are you looking at?"

"I'm looking at what you're daydreaming about again," Yuan Li said.

Chu Hechao was taken aback, and he met Yuan Li's gaze. He felt a strange sensation.

Having lived for so long, he never thought someone could understand his thoughts so thoroughly.

He tried to brush it off, "I wasn't thinking about anything."

Yuan Li furrowed his brows thoughtfully. "Are you worried about your own body? Afraid that you're eight years older than me and have many hidden injuries, and won't be able to keep me in the future?"