chapter 27

Liu Jixin had been searching for a wise master all along.

This wise master should possess extraordinary intelligence, virtuous character that accommodates others, and a far-sighted vision combined with patience for the present.

They should be able to withstand difficulties and understand the hardships of a humble background. Most importantly, this person should have great ambition and the determination to match it.

Liu Jixin had been searching for someone like this for many years.

When he found Yuan Li, Liu Jixin didn't initially believe that Yuan Li would be the person he had been looking for. He secretly observed every action Yuan Li took, and in the end, he felt a sense of regret.

Regret that Yuan Li hadn't reached the legal age, regret that Yuan Li was too kind-hearted.

However, these words brought him sudden clarity.

Someone who could look towards the future, endure present hardships, possess ambitious aspirations, and decisively eliminate enemies when necessary, wasn't this the wise master that Liu Jixin had been seeking?

What did it matter if Yuan Li hadn't reached the legal age? Once this exceptional individual ascended to power, wouldn't they transform into a dragon in the face of adversity?

And at this moment, Liu Jixin was the first advisor by his side. For Liu Jixin, wasn't this a tremendous opportunity?

Liu Jixin wholeheartedly recognized Yuan Li as his master.

Yuan Li was slightly startled, but then calmly said, "Please rise, sir."

Wu Kai, witnessing this scene, seemed to understand something and quickly followed suit, paying his respects, "Lord."

Yuan Li smiled and asked the two of them to take a seat. He leisurely chatted with them about daily life, their families, and hometowns.

When Liu Jixin and Wu Kai still addressed Yuan Li as "Young Master," Yuan Li couldn't engage in such intimate conversations with them due to his uncertain identity. But now things were different, and he was willing to talk as a show of care for his subordinates. His subordinates would only be delighted by this care and would wish for more opportunities to get closer to Yuan Li through such interactions.

Upon learning that Wu Kai couldn't read, Yuan Li said to him, "You may not know how to read, but being a skilled warrior alone won't make you a famous general. When we return to Jixian, how about I teach you how to read?"

Wu Kai became excited, his face turning red. He couldn't find the words to express his gratitude, "Thank you, Lord!"

In this era, education was a resource, one that people like Wu Kai would never have access to. Teaching him how to read would be like giving him an opportunity to break through social classes. And with Yuan Li being the one to teach him, Wu Kai would give his complete loyalty.

Yuan Li smiled and said, "Once you learn how to read, you can choose a personal character for yourself."

Wu Kai hesitated, "Does someone like me deserve a personal character?"

"Why wouldn't you?" Yuan Li responded. "If you don't know what character to choose, then let Mr. Liu choose one for you."

Wu Kai pondered for a moment, his face blushing, and said, "May I ask the Lord to choose a character for me?"

"Of course," Yuan Li laughed. "As long as you don't mind that I haven't reached the legal age."

Wu Kai quickly shook his head.