chapter 47

Yuan Li never expected that with a casual push of the door, he would be greeted by the sight of Chu Hechao naked.

Years of battle and exposure to the elements had sculpted Chu Hechao's physique, filled with strength. The water droplets on his body had not been wiped away, sliding down his well-defined abs and disappearing into the V-line.

Yuan Li's gaze involuntarily followed the downward path for a moment.

Nestled in the lush forest was a sleeping giant bird. Yuan Li quickly averted his eyes, astonished. With just one glance, he could tell how intense Chu Hechao's desire was.

In fact, this wasn't the first time Yuan Li had seen Chu Hechao bathing. During the peak of summer, he had encountered Chu Hechao and others bathing at night. However, it was dark at the time, and Yuan Li knew better than to be impolite, so he only glimpsed at the scars on Chu Hechao's body.

Now, there was still a hint of twilight outside, and candles were lit in the room. Yuan Li could clearly see everything.

Jealousy? Not really. Envy? Yuan Li thought he was doing fine himself. The atmosphere felt a bit awkward, so he deliberately spoke in a casual and indifferent tone, "General, taking a bath?"

Chu Hechao: "..."

The man's expression subtly changed.

Under Yuan Li's gaze, he instinctively used the towel to cover his waist.

After covering himself, Chu Hechao realized what he had done and his face turned pale with anger. He almost wanted to tear off the towel.

Why did he cover himself up?

This was not something he would normally do.

Yuan Li felt a bit embarrassed by his reaction. He cleared his throat and averted his gaze. "I'll wait outside for you, General."

With his eyes cast down, as if he didn't dare to look at Chu Hechao, Yuan Li was about to close the door and leave.

Yuan Li was about to leave, and Chu Hechao should have felt relieved. However, seeing Yuan Li's demeanor, an inexplicable sense of stifling pressure weighed on Chu Hechao's heart. His brows furrowed, and before he could think, he blurted out, "What, you're leaving after taking a look?"

Yuan Li was taken aback. In that moment of hesitation, the man near the bathtub walked towards him with a stern face and forcefully pulled him into the room, slamming the door shut. By the time Yuan Li regained his senses, he found himself backed against the wooden door, trapped inside.

He didn't know what Chu Hechao intended to do, but his peripheral vision accidentally caught sight of Chu Hechao's hands.

It was the first time Yuan Li had seen Chu Hechao's hands without the leather gloves. His gaze paused.

Chu Hechao's palms were large, with extraordinarily slender and distinct fingers, each one powerful and sturdy. If one were to judge solely based on the bones, this would undoubtedly be a pair of handsome hands that exuded strength and masculinity when wielding a knife or holding a gun.

However, in the center of those hands, there was a hideous burn that disfigured the skin.

The burn extended from the palm to the sides of the hand and even spread over the five fingers of the right hand. The burn marks had healed, leaving behind deep red scars.

And it turned them into a pair of very ugly hands.

So ugly that if they were exposed, they might even frighten children to tears.

Yuan Li lowered his gaze.

Was this the reason why Chu Hechao never showed his hands?

During the confrontation with Dadan, Dadan had mentioned the burns on Chu Hechao's hands. But at that time, Yuan Li and Chu Hechao were maintaining a polite and courteous demeanor towards each other. Yuan Li believed that if Chu Hechao didn't voluntarily mention the burn on his hands, it would be impolite for him to inquire about it, so he had never paid much attention to Chu Hechao's hands.