8~ George

Your brother is dead, too bad you'll be missing the funeral.

Grace barely registered the news, she didn't register him as he began to undress. He didn't get past his shirt.

Peeves burst in.

"Get away from her!" He said angrily. "Or you'll be hurting!"

"How the hell did you get in here?!" Flint demanded, he reached for his wand but Peeves grabbed it.

"Oh, did I take the wand from poor flinty? You can't have it because you've been a baaadd boy."

A banging came from outside, stopped, and then the door flew open.

Fred, Bill, Lee, Neville, Hermione, Harry and Angelina all stood there, took in the scene, and seven curses and/or jinxes hit Flint at one time.

He fell to the ground in an unconscious heap and Fred gave him a good kick in the face before kneeling next to Grace. Bill started binding Flint roughly, watching Grace and Fred.

"Gigi? Did he hurt you? I swear to Merlin if he touched you-"

Grace burst into tears but shook her head.

"He..he didn't get... the.. the chance..." She sobbed. "And George..." she began to cry harder. "I wasn't there for him, I didn't do enough. And now it's too late."

Fred couldn't seem to respond, crying himself. He felt the same way about George's suicide.

Bill cut in.

"Gia, he's not dead. Okay? Look at me, he's not awake, but he's getting better." He pulled both his younger siblings to him, holding them tight. "George is going to be okay."

Lee fell to his knees next to them, the past 24hours had been hell. One of his best friends had nearly died, the other had been having a nearly mental breakdown, and Grace had been MIA.

Grace sensed his emotions and pulled away from the boys slowly to hug him. Crying on him and getting his shirt wet. Angelina, Hermione, Harry and Neville hugged each other, giving them all space.

When everyone had started to calm down, Grace looked at Bill.

"Can we go to the hospital?"

He nodded.

"C'mon, you guys head there. I'm taking this bitch to the headmaster and explaining what happened. If I have my way, he'll be in Azkaban."

. . .

Hours later, Grace sat by George's bed, watching the steady rise and fall of his chest and the heart monitor.

Fred had fallen asleep on the couch with Ginny and Ron, Arthur and Molly had gone home to get some things and taken Percy with them, and Bill and Charlie were at Hogwarts, probably being held back from killing Flint.

While the boy hadn't technically done anything, he had come close and they were all furious.

Lee came in and pulled up a chair next to her.

"Any change?" He asked quietly.

Grace shook her head.

"None."

They sat in silence and Grace laid her head on his shoulder and he put an arm around her.

"If I told you that I heard you," She said after a while. "After the Quidditch game, when you told me you loved me. What would you say?"

Lee froze. At that moment, he had thought she was dead. Sure, his feelings for her were real but he didn't think he had heard her.

"I'd say I love you." He said finally, pulling away to look at her. "And I'd talk to your brothers for their permission, and yours, to date you."