3~ Order Meeting

Grace screamed when she saw him, George was giving Remus a horrified look as Grace started to run to Sirius's body.

Someone yanked her back, holding her tightly against their chest and Grace looked up at them.

"Sirius!" She choked out, beginning to cry and hugging him back.

"I'm here, it was just a bogart. It's alright."

He pulled away and Fred hugged Grace while Sirius walked over to his sister and touched her arm.

"Addy?"

Addy let out a sob and let Sirius just hold her.

Everyone quietly slipped out to give them space, Remus was pale and looked at the other adults.

"Her mother... I had no idea it was that bad." He whispered.

"I don't think anyone did." Tonks said quietly, touching his arm.

When Sirius and Addy came out, they had both obviously been crying, Remus went to hug Addy but she pushed him away and went upstairs to her room.

Sirius had sat down on the couch, head in his hands. Grace walked over to him and touched his shoulder. He looked up and pulled her into a hug.

"Addy's worst fear is my mother killing me. It used to be me and our brother, but he's gone already."

"What happened to him?"

Remus stood and stormed out of the room, and Grace looked at Sirius.

"Were they close?"

"No." Sirius said grimly. "Something both completely different, and one in the same. But let's drop the subject please."

Grace let it go and followed the other kids upstairs while the adults started talking quietly. She had no interest in hearing them and hid her head under a pillow.

. . .

"I don't understand. What has the Ministry of Magic got against me?" Harry asked at dinner a week before Hogwarts.

"Fudge is using all his power, including his influence at the Daily Prophet... to smear anyone who claims the Dark Lord has returned." Sirius explained.

"Why?" Grace asked.

"He thinks Dumbledore's after his job." Arthur said.

"No one in their right mind could believe that." Ron said, helping himself to some of the casserole.

"Exactly the point. Fudge isn't in his right mind." Remus said.

"It's been twisted and warped by fear." Arthur sighed.

"Fear makes people do terrible things, Harry." Sirius said quietly.

"The last time Voldemort gained power... he almost destroyed everything we hold most dear. Now he's returned, and I'm afraid the minister will do almost anything... to avoid facing that terrifying truth." Sirius continued. "We think Voldemort wants to build up his army again. Fourteen years ago, he had huge numbers at his command, and not just witches and wizards, but all manner of dark creatures." He looked at Grace and held her gaze. "He's been recruiting heavily, and we've been attempting to do the same. But gathering followers isn't the only thing he's interested in, we believe... Voldemort may be after something."

"Sirius." Molly said quietly.

"Something he didn't have last time." Sirius said, ignoring her.

"You mean like a weapon?" Harry asked.

"No. That's enough. He's just a boy." Molly snapped. "You say anyone and you might as well induct him into the Order."