11~ Quidditch

Grace was shaking. This wasn't supposed to happen yet. But then, was it?

Her mum had never really been specific. Yet, she said the month had hardly been over when she had been... Dreaming. Grace took a deep breath, she couldn't turn now. This was not the time. She'd deal with it later...

After a few seconds, Grace was back to normal. Neville was staring at her like a deer in headlights. They stood in silence.

"I won't ask any questions, I'll let you decide whether or not you want to include me." Neville said finally. "But right now, Fred and George are looking for you, Quidditch is about to start, and I don't want to be responsible for Oliver Wood jumping off the astronomy tower." He offered Grace a hand, who accepted it gratefully.

"Thanks Neville." He gave her a crooked grin.

"What are friends for?"

. . .

Grace ran into the Quidditch locker room with ten minutes to spare. She quickly changed into her Quidditch robes and hurried to join her teammates. Katie Bell, Angelina Johnson, and Alicia Spinnet, who were the other girls on the team, all three chasers. George and Fred were the beaters, Oliver was the keeper, and her and Harry, were, of course, the seekers.

"Okay men." Oliver started.

"And women," said Angelina.

"And women," Oliver agreed. "This is it."

"The big one!" Fred interjected.

"The one we've all been waiting for!" George added.

"We know Oliver's speech by heart," Fred told Harry and Grace. "Since we were on the team last year."

"Shut up, you two." Oliver said. "This is the best team Gryffindor's had in years. We're going to win, I know it!." Then he gave them a look that seemed to yell, 'Or else'

"Right. It's time. Good luck everyone."

Fred put a hand on Grace's back, making her jump.

"Gigi? Are you okay? You seem upset."

The fur was still fresh on her mind, but she really didn't want to tell him about it just yet. She forced a convincing smile.

"I'm fine! Just a bit nervous,"

"You'll do great," George said, showing up behind them. "Go get in your place with Harry."

Grace mounted her broom, levitating just a few feet off the ground. Madame Hooch, who was overseeing the match, let the snitch out, it hovered in front of Grace for a moment, then flew off.

"Now, I want a nice clean game, all of you." Hooch said, giving a pointed look at Marcus Flint, captain of the slytherin team.

Madame Hooch blew her whistle, and seventeen brooms left the ground. The game started. Grace and Harry flew above everyone, staying alert for the snitch and bludgers.

"And the Quaffle is taken immediately by Angelina Johnson of Gryffindor -- what an excellent chaser that girl is, and a rather attractive one too--"

"JORDAN!"

"Sorry professor."

Lee was doing the commentary for the match, under close watch but Minnie.

"And she's really belting up along there, a neat pass to Alicia Spinnet, a good friend of Oliver Wood's, last year only a reserve- back to Johnson- no, the Slytherins have taken the Quaffle. Slytherin captain Flint, he's flying like an eagle up there, he sc- nope, stopped by Gryffindor keeper Wood. And Gryffindor takes the Quaffle, that's chaser Katie Bell of Gryffindor there, nice dive around Flint and - OUCH that must've hurt. Hit in the back of the head with a bludger. Slytherin in possession. That's Adrian Pucey speeding off towards the goalposts, but he's blocked by a second Bludger -- sent his way by Fred or George Weasley -- can't tell which, but nice play by the gryffindor beater anyway-- and Johnson back in possession of the quaffle, a clear field ahead and off she goes! She's really flying-- dodges speeding bludger-- the goalposts are ahead -- come on now Angelina -- Keeper Bletchley dives -- misses -- GRYFFINDOR SCORES!"