12~ Flashbacks

"Grace! Baby I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry." 

Grace forced her eyes open and glanced around her. She was laying on the ground in the hospital wing, her family was there but all occupied with something. 

Lee was bending over her, tears running down his face.

"I didn't mean to snap, I'm so sorry. Please don't leave me again. Sweet Merlin, please don't leave."

Grace slowly reached up for him and he gathered her into his arms. 

"I've got you, I'm here, I'm so sorry, I love you. I love you so much, please say something."

"Something." Grace whispered.

Lee choked on a laugh.

“Please forgive me, I shouldn’t have shouted.”

“It’s okay, I’m fine.”

“Are you sure? You fell.”

“Yeah, why are we in the hospital wing?”

Lee turned a little pale. 

“Um… do you not remember what happened tonight?” 

“What do you mean?” 

She glanced over and saw Bill and her face dropped.

“B-bill?” 

The events from an hour ago crashed around her, she was glad that she was still on the floor, because she was sure she would've collapsed again. 

Lee pulled her tighter against him.

"He's going to be okay. Okay?"

Grace nodded but started to cry again.

"It's all my fault, it's my fault."

Bill heard her.

Ignoring Madame Pomfrey, he got up and stumbled over to his sister, sitting down beside them and pulling her away from Lee to cradle her close.

"Gia, no. It was not your fault. It wasn't, it was an accident. I'm okay. 

She kept crying, clinging to him.

He realized with a small start that the blood on her face and hands wasn't hers, but his. 

He touched his face gingerly and shuddered. Thinking back.

Grace couldn't have been much more than four at the time. 

"Bill? It hurts."

"I know Gia, I'm sorry."

Bill bit his lip, gently wiping the blood off her face and nervous he wasn’t doing it right. Kat had come and dumped her and Timothy at the Weasley's before leaving again, presumably to deal with whatever had left Grace covered in her own blood. She hadn't realized, but neither Arthur or Molly were home. So when Grace started crying as her cuts started bleeding more, 12 year old Bill took over since Timothy had simply disappeared outside. 

She hardly winced, which worried him more than anything since it must be burning. He knew something was off with David, and he was very suspicious that he was the cause for this. 

The thought alone made his stomach churn.

"Why did Timothy leave me?" Grace whispered. "He always leaves."

Bill clenched his jaw angrily, but tried not to show it.

"He's just… has a lot on his mind."

"He doesn't love me." She said it without emotion.

Bill immediately gathered her into his arms.

"Yes he does, I promise you he does. He just doesn't know how to express it." He kissed her forehead. "He just doesn't know how."

"I wish you were my brother."

He held her a little tighter, wishing the same.

. . .

Hogwarts was eerily quiet after the funeral for Dumbledore. All the adults were in a meeting to figure out what to do, and Grace found Harry, Hermione and Ron talking together. 

"I have to finish what he started. The hurocruxes are our only hope for defeating him."

"You don't have to do anything Dumbledore said." Grace said, making the three of them jump. "He was using you Harry, he still is."

"I don't care. You don't have to come." Harry said stubbornly. 

"Yes I do."

"What about Lee?" Hermione asked softly. 

"He's going into hiding himself." Grace said thickly. "He's going to run a radio with updates."

Hermione started to get up to hug her, but froze in shock when Ron beat her to it. Harry's jaw dropped. 

"I'm sure he'll be okay." Ron said, smiling awkwardly when they pulled away. "And… I think you should come."

Grave squeezed his hand. 

"We'll talk later."

She walked back over to where Lee was standing with some other order members and he turned and enveloped her in a hug. She rested her head against his chest and closed her eyes.

"I'm going with Harry, to look for the-"

Lee stopped her with a kiss.

"Don't, if I get captured… he can't find anything out."

Grace leaned against him again, squeezing her eyes shut in an attempt to stop the tears. 

It didn't work. 

War was coming, and there was no way to stop it.

War was coming, and no one was going to leave it unharmed. 

War was coming.

And that's a wrap for book 6!
What are y'all's feelings on that??

And is anyone interested in a Q&A?