10~ Hogsmeade

With the first task done and gone, excitement was focused on the Yule Ball Christmas eve.

Fred and Angelina had decided to go, and George and Alicia.

Grace hadn't been asked, but she wasn't concerned, really thinking she was a bit young. Hermione however, had been asked, by none other than Viktor Krum.

"You can't tell anyone, it's too fun watching the boys guess." She gushed as her and Grace walked to the Hogsmeade dress shop.

"I won't, I'm enjoying it as much as you, I'm just glad they made up. It was a right nightmare having them fighting."

"I can't believe it took till Harry nearly died for Ron to realize."

"I can, they're both dense." Grace laughed as they walked out of the chill air into the shop.

"Hello girls!" A woman's pleasant voice said from behind a stack of dresses. "Yule Ball shopping?"

"Yes ma'am." Hermione said politely.

"If you need any help, let me know."

"We will, thank you!" Grace said, ducking behind a rack and paging through the dresses slowly.

"What color are you looking for?" Grace asked, glancing at Hermione as she pulled a dress off the rack, examined it, then put it back.

"A light bluish purple?"

"Oh, that'd be so pretty on you. I'm thinking blue as well, but darker."

"Has Lee asked you yet?"

Grace froze.

"I... I don't think he will."

"What? Why? He's head over heels for you."

"I'm not good enough. He... I don't deserve him."

"What? Nonsense! He doesn't deserve you, Grace, you two are perfect, trust me, he'll ask."

"We'll see." Grace said, then changed the subject. "How about this one?"

"No, too low."

After nearly two hours, Hermione had found a periwinkle-blue colored dress that she adored, and Grace was trying on the dress she liked best of the cheap ones.

(Yes, this wasn't on the option list, but kusumkataria suggested it. I was actually my Formal dress, I hope you like it!)

When she finally worked up the courage to walk out, Hermione squealed in excitement

"You look so pretty! Spin!"

Grace obliged, turning a bit pink. The dress spun nicely, like blue clouds.

"It's perfect!" Hermione said happily. "Can you afford it?"