Pokemon School #72 ~ Advancing Through Battles!

As Ash and Gary separated from the others and split up to their own separate tunnels, Serena and the rest of the group made their way to a row of empty seats which had an amazing view of the dirt battlefield below.

While Ash and Gary waited in their own dugouts, professor Sycamore walked over to the centre of the battlefield with a head microphone attached to the side of his face.

Sycamore: Welcome to the 7th Sycamore High Battle tournament! As I look around the battle stadium I can see many strong trainers that will show us amazing battles throughout this tournament! Show everyone what you and your Pokemon have accomplished so far and be one with your Pokemon!..... Let the tournament begin!

As Sycamore announced the opening of the 7th Sycamore High battle tournament the large waves of crowds began to cheer, scream and shout in excitement.

Serena: The atmosphere is amazing in here!

Hau: Sure is!

Clemont: This isn't even the official Kalos league and the reception is incredible!

Lillie: I've never seen anything like this... Not in Alola anyway.

Mallow: Alola never has anything like this... We don't even have gym leaders or a league..

Tierno: You don't?!

Lillie: You see Alola hasn't been established as an official region for a long time like Kanto or Kalos, so we can't have a league system just yet.

Trevor: So trainers in Alola have to prove themselves?...

Lillie: Something like that. One time professor Kukui mentioned something about an event happening in Alola in a few years where certain trainers gain the title of trial captain.

Hau: Oh! I've learned about that! Because we have four islands there will be four trial captains with different tasks for the challengers to beat.

Mallow: And once the challenger has beaten all the tasks then they will receive the recognition and a small badge from the trial captain to show that you have beaten that specific trial captain.

Lillie: You two sure have done your research...

Hau: We just had an amazing teacher!

Clemont: Alola sounds like an interesting region!... But I was thinking... Before regions such as Kanto and Kalos became official regions, did they have to go through the same process that Alola is currently going through?

Trevor: That's a very good theory Clemont!

Calem: Shhhh! Sycamore is speaking again!

Delia: Okay now children, quiet down and listen to your headteacher.

As the whole group listened to Sycamore from the seats, Ash and Gary were still standing in their dugouts watching Sycamore on small TV's.

Sycamore: Now before I introduce the first two trainers that will be battling it out in this matchup of the first round, I would like to thank the champions of Kanto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos for joining us today!

Loud roars coming from the crowd could be heard as Sycamore held his hand out towards where the champions where sitting which was quite high up in the stadium. With the balcony overhanging the battlefield which gave the champions a perfect view of the battlefield so all battles could be seen with great precision, Sycamore was ready to call out Ash and Gary.

Sycamore: So now is the time for the first battle of the tournament! On my left side I would like to introduce the grandson of the famous professor Oak! The researcher of the Kanto region! Gary Oak!