Pokemon School #146 ~ A Lesson With An Island Kahuna!

January 12th 2017 ~

Today was finally the day where Ash would be taught by Olivia, the Kahuna of Akala. However, Ash still does not know this, but Kiawe does since he had challenged Olivia before and successfully defeated her receiving the Firium Z in return of his valiant efforts.

Ash and Kiawe had to scale the large volcano where Olivia directed them with the directions she left for them. The Kantonian was nervous, but excited to see what was waiting for the two as they trekked upon the fiery trail leading to the halfway point of the volcano which stood tall and terrifying along route seven.

Ash's POV

Me and Kiawe were currently pushing ourselves to the mid point of the volcano where Olivia said to go, but the struggling climb stole so much energy from us that every few minutes I stopped and placed my sweaty hands onto my knees gasping for all the air I could possible intake in one deep breath.

"Why does Olivia want us to go this far to learn a few lessons from her?",I asked with exhaustion, meeting Kiawe in eye contact as I looked up from catching my stolen breath back.

"Its a test of courage, determination and strength." Kiawe stated as he scanned the volcano upwards. "Olivia really wants to see what we can give through our actions, so demonstrating that we have enough passion by tackling this challenge and wanting to learn more from her will prove our wishes."

His eyes... Kiawe was filled with motivated blood as he looked at me after finishing his impressive speech, yet he was right. I did want to show that I could cope with this extreme environment, so absorbing what Kiawe had said I pushed my hands off my knees and joined Kiawe by his side continuing our journey.

It took the two trainers twenty minutes to actually complete the trail where they happen to come across a large campus hidden in the volcano's side.

A large metal building, three stories high sat in the centre surrounded by many hallways spreading out into different directions leading to smaller buildings.

Ash: Whoa! What is this place?!

Kiawe: I remember this place. It was for a brief time, but I came here to fight the Kahuna of this island.

Ash: It looks like the school back on Melemele island.

Kiawe: Right. I never accepted this place as a school, but more towards a place where you find your answers.

Ash: My answers?

Kiawe: Mhm... The questions you want to ask. You'll definitely find answers to match those questions.

Ash: Sounds interesting, but this place is made entirely out of pure metal?!

Kiawe: Its to protect the people inside the building from the intense heat. A school established near a volcano should be well protected, so I'm not surprised the builders who built this school has used high quality metal.

Ash: Safety must be their top priority.

Kiawe: Of course, if anything bad was to happen, then everyone would have to evacuate quickly, but lets head inside and find Olivia. I'm sure she's eager to start teaching.

Ash: Right!

Ash and Kiawe proceeded to enter the strange looking school, but what surprised Ash the most was upon arrival they were stunned to see students spending a casual normal day at school, rushing to lessons while talking about plans for the day.

Ash: Everyone seems to be okay, yet they attend to a school that lives on the side of a volcano.

Kiawe: After awhile I presume they eventually adapt to knowing they learn in tough conditions, but with the graduation levels being high here they'll do go anywhere and do anything to grab a spot in this school.