Pokemon School #161 ~ Marko Vs Guzma, Shieldtastic!

February 12th 2017 ~

Marko against Guzma, Greninja against Golisopod, a battle that proved to be fierce as Greninja dashed towards the zooming orbs of blue energy fired by Golisopod.

Marko: Great posture, now deflect each Focus Blast with your Shuriken Shield!

The first Focus Blast sizzled towards Greninja, then with one swipe Greninja swung his shield across his body slicing the orb in half. As the misguided halves crashed into nearby trees, Greninja proceeded to approach Golisopod, but had a few more obstacles in his way.

The second Focus Blast hastily approached. However, Greninja came to an halt, and instead of going in head first he smashed his Shuriken Shield into the ground before him and waited patiently for the Focus Blasts to approach him.

Invading Greninja's territory the second Focus Blast smashed into the shield putting up a good fight, then the third and last Focus Blast followed shortly combining with the second, forming a much larger Focus Blast.

With all his might, Greninja stabbed his webbed feet into the ground for extra support while the enlarged Focus Blast continued to stay stationary while digging deeper into Greninja's territory. Guzma was slowly becoming more confident as seconds ticked on as a mischievous grin appeared on his face.

The battle looked like it was committing in Guzma's favour. However, the historic duo have only just begun to show what their capable of as Greninja pulled his right leg back smacking his foot straight into the shield, forcing it to spin rapidly. The speed was godly as the Shield continued to deflect the Focus Blast, then surprisingly, Greninja snatched the shield with his webbed hands and forcefully demolished the orb of blue energy with one swing of his Shuriken Shield.

But would it be normal of Gumza not to try something sneaky, well you may be right as Golisopod suddenly appeared behind Greninja, about to launch a Sludge Bomb attack, but just when Guzma thought the win was his for the taking, Greninja's webbed feet and fists shone brightly. The frog like Pokemon hit his max speed as he doubled punched Golisopod in the stomach followed by two kicks in Golisopod's two large rounded thighs forcing the humanoid like Pokemon to slightly collapse.

Straightaway with the use of his Shuriken Shield, Greninja grasped the blade with his right hand fitted into the middle of the shield and performed an uppercut smashing into Golisopod's jaw with the shield, forcing the Bug-type to fall backwards and collaspe.

Scribbled lines filled Golisopod's eyes indicating it was no longer able to battle, so as Greninja landed safely back on the forest floor his Shuriken Shield became transparent, eventually fading away. Marko and Greninja's red gleaming eyes dimmed, then a sudden burst of water emitted from Greninja, transforming the frog like Pokemon back to its original state.

A wave of shocking emotions and expressions quickly covered Guzma's face, then in a flash the Team Skull leader returned Golisopod to its Pokeball and dashed into the ghostly forest, abandoning Marko and Greninja.

Marko: Well, he wasn't so tough once his powerhouse of a Pokemon was defeated... Oh well. Great work, Greninja.

Greninja: Gren!

Marko: The Shield and Blade strategies are showing large amounts of progression in getting stronger, and if that continues then we can try new methods of duelling.

Pikachu: Pikaaa!

Charging out from the shattered front door of the spooky house, Pikachu and Litten fired a Thunderbolt and Ember attack in Marko's direction thinking the battle between Greninja and Golisopod was still ongoing.