Pokemon School #73 ~ The Rivalry Put To The Test!

The heated battle between Ash and Gary has gotten underway. Ash took the first victory as Pikachu defeated Umbreon with an powerful Thunderbolt, but now the second battle has started with Nidoking vs Pikachu.

Gary: Nidoking use Poison Sting!

Nidoking opened it's large jaw and spat purple dart shaped spears straight at Pikachu, the attack wasn't as strong, but it still made contact. Once hit Pikachu glowed a faint purple, Ash knew that the poison sting had poisoned Pikachu.

Ash: Can you carry on Pikachu?

Pikachu: Pika...

Gary: Perfect! It's poisoned!

Commentator: A great stab attack by Nidoking! Using the special effects of poison to slow down its opponent!

Ash's POV

What do I do now?... With Pikachu poisoned he will become slower leaving him open for any attacks from Nidoking... Huh?! That's it!

Gary: Good luck overpassing that poison effect Ash!... It looks like a victory for me!

As a large smirk grew across Gary, Ash had a plan which would wipe that cocky smirk off Gary's face.

Ash: We'll see about that! Pikachu!

Pikachu slowly turned around and noticed Ash nodding at him. The two had plan different ways how to communicate, so with the nod of it's trainer Pikachu prepared for the command to be given by Ash.

Ash: Use Electro Ball and send it right above you!

Gary: Ash is good at batting, but he can't seriously be using an electric type move on Nidoking as it's a poison and ground type Pokemon..

Back in the seats Clemont had his thinking cap on when he saw Ash using an electric type move.

Clemont: I'm sure Ash knows that Nidoking is a ground and poison type, but why is he using Electro Ball..

Hau: Maybe he has a plan?

Serena: Well whatever it is I'm sure Ash will pull through it!

Back to the battlefield Pikachu had charged a large ball of Electricity and tossed it above himself and stood in line with the Electro Ball.

Ash: That's it Pikachu! Stay in that position!

Pikachu: Pika!

Gary: Don't give them anytime! Use Horn Attack!

Nidoking: Nido!

The large drill Pokemon charged at Pikachu with such powerful speed. The purple horn on it's head turned to a bright white colour as it got closer and closer to Pikachu, but Pikachu stood still in the position Ash told him to stay in as he waited for the Electro Ball to fall back down and hit him.

Gary: Faster! Faster! FASTER!

As Nidoking sped up rapidly Pikachu embraced himself ready for the impact from the Electro Ball.

Ash: Just a little longer......... Now!

Pikachu: Pika!

Gary: Huh?!...

Pikachu used all the energy it had left and jumped up towards the Electro Ball. Once he made contact with the ball of electricity, Pikachu felt the powerful electricity travel all over its body as the poison effect was immobilized by the fast current of electricity running through Pikachu's body.

Ash: Now use Iron Tail!

Pikachu: Pika!

As Nidoking arrived just underneath Pikachu and began to hit the electric mouse with its Horn attack, Pikachu spun around as his yellow tail once again changed to a steel like object and connected with Nidoking's Horn.