Pokemon School #99 ~ Come Flying Press With Me!

Commentator: Welcome to the one on one Pokemon battle between Ash and Paul! Thanks to professor Sycamore for allowing the battle to happen within the walls of the stadium, but now is the time for a friendly battle between the two trainers!

The entire battle stadium was packed with every single student from Sycamore high ranging from different ages, even citizens from Lumiose or around the Kalos region were allowed to attend.

In their own dugouts, Ash and Paul were preparing, but Gary had a few words he would like to say before his long time friend headed out onto the battlefield.

Gary: Are you sure you want to do this?

Ash: Huh?... Of course I do! I'm always up for a battle!

Gary: But you wouldn't be battling if it weren't for me..

Ash: You had nothing to do with it. It was my decision to challenge Paul and now I'm in the situation where I'll be battling with a newly caught Pokemon in front of thousands of people, but I have faith in Hawlucha! As long as we trust each other we can win this!

Pikachu: Pika!

Gary: I hope you're sure about this... Paul won't stop bragging about his victory if he does beat you.

Ash: I know the consequences, but I'll put up a good fight so don't you worry.

Ash confidently smiled at Gary which lightened up the mood, but Gary still felt guilty for putting Ash through all this nonsense just for him demonstrating how big his ego really is.

Gary: One more thing before you head out Ash..

Ash: What is it Gary?

Gary: You deserved to win... Not me. I got lucky and only progressed through the first round due to you and Sceptile using mega evolution for the first time. So I should have never won the tournament... You, Calem, Tierno or another trainer rightfully earn the tournament victory. Not me..

Shocked by Gary's words, Ash stood completely speechless as he watched his long time friend walk away. Once Gary was out of sight he shook his head to get his mind straight then looked down at Pikachu.

Ash: Are you ready to cheer me on buddy?

Pikachu: Pika!

The electric mouse hates not get involved with Pokemon battles, but Ash had already chosen Hawlucha before leaving Pikachu out of the battle which he felt upset about it until he accepted that he would have to sit this one out.

Ash didn't have to wait much longer since the commentator shouted his name through the stadium stereos. Slowly, but gradually, Ash began walking to his side of the battlefield along with Pikachu.

Once he arrived at his side of the battlefield, he looked across to see Paul returning an evil look like he was trying to intimidate Ash, but nothing could penetrate Ash's confident shell.

The referee began explaining the rules about the one on one Pokemon battle while the two boys were still engaged in a stare off, but once the referee ordered that they send out their first and only Pokemon the two boys unlocked their stare off and grabbed a Pokeball from their belts.

Ash watched as Paul tossed his Pokeball high into the sky and once it broke open releasing a bright and white light. Electabuzz appeared standing before him. The Kantonian still wasn't put off by the fact that he would be using Hawlucha who was a Fighting and Flying type while Electabuzz was an electric.

He gripped onto Hawlucha's Pokeball even tighter then smiled. He could feel the pressure, but it wasn't making him nervous, It was instead filling him up with excitement. Ash's eyes widened as he threw Hawlucha's Pokeball above the battlefield revealing Hawlucha himself.