Forever Phantom: Part 6

"Tell me again why we couldn't take a taxi?" Jack asks out of breath and Maddie shoots back "Tell me again why you can't remember where we parked the RV!" Maddie then punches his arm as Sam runs up and lets out a loud gasp, attracting our parents' attention.  "(y/n)?" My parents ask and Sam responds with "Mom, Dad, please don't look at my facelessness! I must live in exile!" 

"Ever notice that Danny's and (y/n) change a little all the time?" Dad asks as they watch 'me' run away before chasing after her. Danny flies through the school, holding onto me tightly as we fly away from the crowd chasing after us when Danny started to glow green and we tumbled to the floor. "What the- So much for that power." 

We feel somebody trip over us and er turn our heads to see Lancer rubbing his head when his eyes widen when he looks at me. "Hey, it's you!" "Uh yes citizen," Danny says helping me up and saluting at Lancer as I take a closer look and take notice of his red eyes, wait Lancer doesn't have red eyes, it's the morpho! "No Danny, that's him! It's the morpho!" I tell Danny slightly shaking him as I point. The same shiver from earlier went down his spine and he felt like smiling but forced himself not to as he exclaimed "Right! Billy, she's right, I'm him, the ghost who changed into you!"

 "Really? Awesome!" Danny says with a smile before blasting him down the hall into the lockers. "Danny!" I shout at him, punching his arm before we run up to him and I explain. "We have to get back to his house before-" I was cut off when we heard the crowd shout our names and came racing down the hall. Looking around I take notice of the lights and start blasting them out, Danny soon following my lead, stopping the crowd in their tracks when they ectoblasts started to short-circuit into nothing.

"And another bites the dust..." Danny grumbles looking at his hand before turning to him. "Let's go!" Danny says, grabbing him and then my hand as we raced towards the exit doors. The doors burst open and Sam runs in past us causing us all to stop in our tracks and turn around. "Sam?!" "Danny? (s/n)?" "Are those my clothes?" I ask the plan not exactly registering at the moment as she tells us:

"No time to explain just RUN!" Before we could ask why the doors behind us explode and we turn around to see our parents as they point their guns at us. "Freeze Phantoms!" "Oh no..." Danny and I trail off when he grabs us stating:

"You two are not the only ghosts here you know." "Mr. Lancer?" Our parents question as they watch us go intangible. "Bonzi!" He shouts as we flew through Jack back to Fenton Works, Jack shivering. "I hate it when ghosts invade your personal space. "Jack, Mr. Lancer he's a-" Mom started to exclaim when he cut her off.

"(m/n) you're right Mr. Lancer has been taken over by those putrid protoplasm punks Danny Phantom and (s/n)!" "Looks like I picked thee, wrong people, to impersonate," He says as we fly through the air as he turns to look at us "Everyone is after you!" Danny and I give each other a look before telling him in unison "You have no idea." "You know there are better ways to get noticed. I know we must've stolen your spotlight but we don't mean to, we're just doing what we think is right, we don't control what goes viral."

 I told him when Danny chimes in with "Yeah if you want attention do what humans do: streak at sporting events or go on a reality tv show and eat live bugs for money." "I just wanted to have some fun, ruining your lives wasn't the best way to go about it especially since you were the first people to notice the real me."

"And we just wanted to be left alone, but if we can't fix this, I don't think we'll ever be left alone again," Danny states as our attention turns to a dark and light purple shaded billboard with a picture of Danny and me in our ghost forms with our arms crossed as we faced the front while leaning on each other on the left side while on the right bolded letters read: Amity Park Home Of Danny Phantom And (S/n).

We fly into the lab and approach the machine that had taken away our powers but before we could get to work, once again another explosion erupted behind us as green smoke clouded our vision.